replace clutch and flywheel for e46 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace clutch and flywheel for e46 m3

I want to replace my clutch any idea if I need to replace the flywheel as well
    and can you advise how would it cost me the clutch kit and what is the price
    of the flywheel for e46 m3
    sigpic
    Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Originally posted by aljebouri View Post
    I want to replace my clutch any idea if I need to replace the flywheel as well
    and can you advise how would it cost me the clutch kit and what is the price
    of the flywheel for e46 m3
    If you are getting judder from stand still then there is a chance that your dual mass fly wheel vibration damper is very week so in this case yes you would need a new flywheel.

The best way to check the flywheel for movement is to check for side to side movement when the gearbox is out.A simple check would be to move the flywheel side to side and if the movment is more than about 10mm both sides its worn!!

Also check the surface of the flywheel for burn marks or cratches!

Comment

thanks Shak for the info any idea how much the clutch and
      the flywheel would cost me plus the labour
      sigpic

Comment

In the area of 5K.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I'd do both since the gear is out and it'd be cheaper on the long run. Last I checked the price was around 4000dhs for both. Clutch jobs cost around 1,000dhs, give or take..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I'd do both since the gear is out and it'd be cheaper on the long run. Last I checked the price was around 4000dhs for both. Clutch jobs cost around 1,000dhs, give or take..
            thanks bro for the tip, from where i can get it any idea?
            sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Isn't ur clutch new?

Comment

there is a clutch burn smell coming out so i assumed it is from the clutch or flywheel? i am not sure
                sigpic

Comment

so does the smell mean that i have a problem with my clutch or flywheel?
                  sigpic

Comment

so does the smell mean that i have a problem with my clutch or flywheel?
                    Bro is it SMG or Manual ?

Comment

manual
                      sigpic

Comment

manual
                        OK simple check apply the hand brake select 1st gear and release the clutch slowly the engine should stall straight away if its a good clutch,if it takes a couple of seconds to stall or carry on runniing your clutch is worn or ur pressure plate tension is weak!

Or it could be your clutch release bearing starting to melt and causing a burning smell.

Or it could be an oil leak from your top cover gasket dripping from behind and down onto the clutch causing a burning smell.

hope this helps

call me if need 0502499506.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                          OK simple check apply the hand brake select 1st gear and release the clutch slowly the engine should stall straight away if its a good clutch,if it takes a couple of seconds to stall or carry on runniing your clutch is worn or ur pressure plate tension is weak!

Or it could be your clutch release bearing starting to melt and causing a burning smell.

Or it could be an oil leak from your top cover gasket dripping from behind and down onto the clutch causing a burning smell.

hope this helps

call me if need 0502499506.
                          thank you shak for the tip, i am ahmad the imola red owner i am sure your remember me, as per the previous owner the clutch is new but he only replcaed the clutch not the fly wheel, so can it be the release bearing starting to melt?

i tried to put first gear and release the clutch and the engine stall straight away

can you help shak here, two days ago when i was moving suddenly the DSC light came up and when i pressed the petrol the car was running but without that power i tried to switch off the DSC but i could not, what i did stopped the car and switch off the engine then switch it on again and it start moving
                          normally

by the way the smell does not smell like a bruning oil it smell something from the gear or the clutch and once i start the car i smell it

is it ok to call you on your off day?
                          Last edited by aljebouri; 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

thank you shak for the tip, i am ahmad the imola red owner i am sure your remember me, as per the previous owner the clutch is new but he only replcaed the clutch not the fly wheel, so can it be the release bearing starting to melt?

i tried to put first gear and release the clutch and the engine stall straight away

can you help shak here, two days ago when i was moving suddenly the DSC light came up and when i pressed the petrol the car was running but without that power i tried to switch off the DSC but i could not, what i did stopped the car and switch off the engine then switch it on again and it start moving
                            normally

by the way the smell does not smell like a bruning oil it smell something from the gear or the clutch and once i start the car i smell it

is it ok to call you on your off day?
                            yes mate you can call me anytime !

Comment

Burn smell is due overloading clutch
                              Is ur clutch pedal too low !?

Flywheel will not be damage unless u notice some vibration in the car while revving

I hav a combo of UUC light weight flywheel and clutch kit welling to sell them , its stag 1 with very good condetion
                              If u wanna OEM I can offer u good price as well

Cheers

I

Comment

Working...
                              X