Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this ?

Hi guys,

I got an oil change last week and yesterday while driving back from dubai this warning light came on .. first it was 0.4L then it changed to 0.1L i thought i had less oil in the car since we added 9L in the engine. so i added 1L.

Today that light changed to 1.0L ...

I am attaching the pic as well ..

Should i be WORRIED ?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Hmm No one ... ?????
    sigpic

Comment

Technically speaking....I think its the Oil Level Sensor, had the same with my bro's car 2005 330i ZCP and its fixed.

Does it stay all the time or will go off after couple of minutes ??
      '98 E36 318is 5 spd manual l Alpine White/Black l Sport Suspension l Lowering springs l Custom Exhaust with STR8 pipe and CAT delete

Comment

Well it came on and stayed on ... and is still on
        sigpic

Comment

As L3G3ND said, it's probably a computer sensor fault. keep monitoring the oil level using the dipstick till u get it fixed.

Past Ride: E39 530i
          Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
          Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

@ hamoodi_7 ... e_60 M5 does not come with a dip Stick .. this is the main main issue ..
            sigpic

Comment

owww....I'm so so sorry! that must be a pain! im not experienced with all the new models like E60 and E90...

Past Ride: E39 530i
              Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
              Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

This is just the oil level sensor... you probably pushed the BC button on the left stalk to get it... it is just one of the menu options that come up on the cluster, you can flip through the different ones by pushing the BC button (e.g. range, time/temp, fuel consumption)
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

@ petrolhead .... Thanks Bro ... i was kinda worried ....

Really appreciate that ... ;)
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X