Ooops!! BMW X5 M Flips Upside Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops!! BMW X5 M Flips Upside Down

It goes without saying that any all-wheel drive vehicle sporting performance tires is bound to be in trouble during the winter season. Or…does it really go without saying?

Cause judging by the video below, the drive of this BMW X5 M clearly overestimated the xDrive system in its powerful M car and…..it flipped upside down. As many automotive journalists have pointed out before, with the adoption of all-wheel drive as one of the most popular choices in the Northern and Midwest states, the semi-annual ritual of swapping snow tires has largely disappeared.

But as advanced as those all-wheel drive technologies are, they can’t always substitute for a set of snow tires. Before the car can rely on the AWD technology and its capability to detect and predict sliding, four rubbers are much needed for a solid contact with the ground, and not just any rubbers, but rather some good snow tires.

So next time you feel adventurous behind the wheel of your SUV/SAV, think about the importance of those winter tires. Yes we know, we all want to believe we’re great drivers, but you’ll never know…..
    Source: bmwblog

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Poor guy.
    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
    2006 Z4M - SOLD
    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

What a Waste!
      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

all wheel drive = all went down

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Poor guy.
          ???

seriously, look at how stiff the roof is

no bent no nothing...

Comment

OMG!!!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

it is stupit BTW

why?

cos for a car with improper tires it is less risky to flip

overturning happens when the sliding ends, creating enough power to flip the car

provided that it is on a flat surface

of course it may make your car go out of the road and result in overturning indirectly

Comment

where is the video?
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                  where is the video?
                  Is there a video :hmm:

Comment

in your post it says there is a video!
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                      in your post it says there is a video!
                      Ahh oK.. I guess it was a typing error by bmwblog, probably cuz this was posted at the same time the other X5M and X6M 'videos' were posted :)

Comment

:police: we need vids my friend!!!

go get an X6 M and flip it over

while filming it of course

then post

otherwise :gun::spank::Guns:

Comment

what a loss :(
                          sigpic
                          Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

That must've hurt ... real effin bad man .
                            2008 325i coupe
                            Stock

Comment

550 BHP in slush snow.....!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X