Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat, Yes or No!!!

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking into the following seats for his E46 M3.

Is this nice??? Yes or No!

Also, he was wondering if there is anyway to make the airbag work with this new seat? Is it doable?

Thanks!

Last edited by LSB_M3; 17-01-2010, 12:16 PM.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

It's not about being "nice", this is a shell bucket, serious body grip. It's about functionality. If the car is just DD, he's better off without it. And yes you can make the airbag work with these, there are tutorials about it...

Comment

this one is a porsche GT3 replica
      :)
      let him try to go with RECARO pole position super sexy seats
      1993 BMW E36 ///M3 [FOR SALE]
      2000 BMW E39 ///M5 [FOR SALE]
      2002 BMW HPF stg2 E46 ///M3
      2006 Evolution iX 700+rwhp [FOR SALE]
      2007 PORSCHE Turbo 997 P700
      2012 chevrolet silverado

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
        It's not about being "nice", this is a shell bucket, serious body grip. It's about functionality. If the car is just DD, he's better off without it. And yes you can make the airbag work with these, there are tutorials about it...
        Well, we were wondering if it looks nice, keep in mind that this is a porsche look seat! I personally love how it looks :)
        It is a daily drive car! So what else can he do? He wants to replace his seats. I'm waiting for results to follow lolllll
        I'm glad u can make the airbags work, cause i remember someone on this forum said that its not doable :(

Originally posted by ///M3 View Post
        this one is a porsche GT3 replica
        :)
        let him try to go with RECARO pole position super sexy seats
        I'm assuming he likes this seat. Thats why he is not looking into recaros.
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

well yes they look great, but think about functionality here. . . for a daily driver . . .

He's got stuff in the back seat which he wants to lean back and get --- he cant . . .

He's got his wife/girlfriend angry and he wants to lean over to give her a kiss on the cheek ---- He cant. . .

These seats are meant for a racerboy, who majority of the time uses the car for motorsports . . for a daily driver i think its highly unconventional.

But thats my opinion. :)
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post

He's got his wife/girlfriend angry and he wants to lean over to give her a kiss on the cheek ---- He cant. . .
            no he can, that's the function of the two slots, the girl should but her cheek in front of them and the guy can kiss freely :rofl: :rofl:

i agree with the opinions above, for a daily driver this thing will b very annoying
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

These are like my GT3 seats, very rough, the back is not adjustable, I used to daily drive my GT3 but you really have to be hardcore to live with them...
              Meskovic
              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

^^ Only you and I are hardcore enough for such daily torture! :Coffe:

Comment

I see, i will pass the message!

What about these, howebver he feels that those look cheap :)

They are all replicas of the real porsche but at least the first one looks like its decent quality. Not sure about the second pic, or are they all seats??? lolllll

sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

:(
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

no for posers!

Comment

Working...