Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updates to Engine Heating Problem + Other Work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates to Engine Heating Problem + Other Work!!!

Hi guys,

Okay so as most of you know, I had an engine heating problem which no mechanic was able to figure out here in Kuwait!

Just to refresh your memory, here is what i've done so far:

(1) Clutch Fan (replaced a year ago); fan is ok.
    (2) Thermostat (from dealership)
    (3) Water Pump (from dealership)
    (4) Expansion tank (where u fill the coolant) (from dealership)
    (5) Radiator (from dealership)
    (6) Removed catalytic converter, few mechanics believed it could be the reason due to blockage!
    (7) Replaced head gaskit + rubbers! :cursing:
    (8) Bleeding of the system
    (9) checked if temp guage is working properly

So its weird that the car was still heating up!

We thought that it could be a crack in the engine block, which should have been checked by the mechanic who replaced the head gasket! The mechanic's reply was: silence for 3 seconds then "yeah i checked for cracks, everything is ok!"

After many attempts and getting the feel of giving up! I decided to listen to forum member Mr.E36 (Ebrahim) and took my car to his shop in Bahrain!

Ebrahim helped me out with the procedure for shipping the car there and it was fantastic! Thanks 7abbob :)

I went to visit Bahrain that weekend, and I ended up meeting Ebrahim, his brothers, and other mechanics that work at their shop. I have to say that until that second I was worried about sending my car to someone i dont know and in Bahrain! I felt so welcomed there and I enjoyed my short stay! These guys know what they are doing! I felt very comfortable and I knew that my car was in safe hands! Knowing that Bruno's car was also there made me feel even better lolllll

Updates:

(1) Ebrahim and his team discovered why my engine was heating up! They didnt want to go with a bigger fan and better radiator setup, cause according to them that was just a cover up to a problem that exists with the OEM new parts! To my surprise, the clutch fan was completely gone, and the new installed thermostat was broken! Ebrahim can explain better! But my God!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am i suppose to do to the mechanics that checked my car in Kuwait!!!!!!! :sniper:

(2) Ebrahim will be installing a sub frame reinforcement kit on my car! Its a 2 step process which sounds excellent! Ebrahim can elaborate on that!

(3) My current supercharger kit is coming off, and a stage 2 kit is will be installed! vrooooom vrooooom! :)

(4) I might be adding gauges like the AFR and boost! I'm trying to have them placed in a tasteful and clean fasion ;) This matter is being discussed with Ebrahim and his team.

I have added some pictures for now, i will be adding more as the work goes along....

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

:yuhoo: Ebrahim will never let you down bro ... Great news from you dude, glad to hear that ur car is finally gonna get fixed :) .. thats a relief !!!

This thread is very useful to new E46 M3 owners .. thx LSB for sharing all the info :D
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

The fan clutch was gone ?? How come none of the mechanics never checked the fan cluth, thats one of the 'basic' reasons for heating and easy to spot, im sorry to say but the mechanics you went to sound like retards, no offense to them..

Hopefully Barhoom and his team will take well care of it now, Good Luck with the end results :)

Comment

"Don't look at the past. look at the future!" powered by Ebrahim

:rofl:

it was good to learn that your car was also there next to mine. curious to see how your car will run after the changes

Comment

Good day all

Thx Moe for hookig us here :D

Yup, Heappy to say that the Heating problem is resolved 100%

What we did :-
          -We flushed the system and noticed a system was a bit dirty
          - Thermostat was broken (i dont know why cuz its new)
          - Clutch fan was ded
          - Raditor out TEMP sensor was Damage

Future upgrade :-
          -E46 M3 (S54) Sport Fan Clutch
          -E46 M3 55 degree (S54) Celsius Thermostat
          - 1 watter wetter

Those upgrades above will keep the car cooler with the STAGE 2 SC upgrade

NOW few might say that the car came to us with almost everything replaced
          i would say BIG YES but DOSE IT FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

Comment

Ebrahim, while I was using Water Wetter, I remember having no difference at all with only 1 bottle, I think you should consider using 2 bottles.. thats just my 0.2$
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
              Ebrahim, while I was using Water Wetter, I remember having no difference at all with only 1 bottle, I think you should consider using 2 bottles.. thats just my 0.2$
              RIFO

Main purpose of coolent is to save the cylinder head from getting rust,
              also to cool down the watter , u won't notice any diffrent if 1 ,2 or even 3 bottle add

1 bottle with distilled watter is more than enof.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                The fan clutch was gone ?? How come none of the mechanics never checked the fan cluth, thats one of the 'basic' reasons for heating and easy to spot, im sorry to say but the mechanics you went to sound like retards, no offense to them..

Hopefully Barhoom and his team will take well care of it now, Good Luck with the end results :)
                Tell me about it bro!!!! Thats why i want to :Guns: them all!!!

Ebrahim will start the subframe reinforcement kit installation! That sounds like a must for all E46 owners! M or non-M! I've read so much about it and it is a disaster if the frame cracks!

I hope the updates and pictures posted will encourage others to apply that to their E46s!
                Last edited by LSB_M3; 16-01-2010, 08:43 PM.
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                  :yuhoo: Ebrahim will never let you down bro ... Great news from you dude, glad to hear that ur car is finally gonna get fixed :) .. thats a relief !!!

This thread is very useful to new E46 M3 owners .. thx LSB for sharing all the info :D

True true! I'm so glad he joined this forum, it is a great asset to have him here as part of this big family!

Not only because of my car situation, but the guy has been helpful to everyone with mechanical or part concerns!

Thanks Ebrahim :) :) :)
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                    True true! I'm so glad he joined this forum, it is a great asset to have him here as part of this big family!

Not only because of my car situation, but the guy has been helpful to everyone with mechanical or part concerns!

Thanks Ebrahim :) :) :)

MAN you make me like Hero Loool Thanks Haboooob

i hope i can support all forums members bimmers

:allhappy:

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                      Tell me about it bro!!!! Thats why i want to :Guns: them all!!!

Ebrahim will start the subframe reinforcement kit installation! That sounds like a must for all E46 owners! M or non-M! I've read so much about it and it is a disaster if the frame cracks!

I hope the updates and pictures posted will encourage others to apply that to their E46s!

its a must for our ///M cars inshallah i will be doin mine soon with 0-60 my brother (ejaz) also in bahrain :1stcup:
                      1993 BMW E36 ///M3 [FOR SALE]
                      2000 BMW E39 ///M5 [FOR SALE]
                      2002 BMW HPF stg2 E46 ///M3
                      2006 Evolution iX 700+rwhp [FOR SALE]
                      2007 PORSCHE Turbo 997 P700
                      2012 chevrolet silverado

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
                        RIFO

Main purpose of coolent is to save the cylinder head from getting rust,
                        also to cool down the watter , u won't notice any diffrent if 1 ,2 or even 3 bottle add

1 bottle with distilled watter is more than enof.

Cheers
                        Mashallah, Good work Ebrahim.

but we tried 1 bottle of water wetter on many cars and it was not effective untill we added 2nd bottle. i don't know why? but you should try it.

Off topice : I am living in Al khobar currently, and i am planning to pay you a visit if you don't mind.

regards

Comment

Nice work ebrahim ;)
                          sigpic
                          Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 3ali View Post
                            Mashallah, Good work Ebrahim.

but we tried 1 bottle of water wetter on many cars and it was not effective untill we added 2nd bottle. i don't know why? but you should try it.

Off topice : I am living in Al khobar currently, and i am planning to pay you a visit if you don't mind.

regards
                            thanks bro, your most welcome any time haboob

We normally do 1 bottle , and 2 bottle if the car was completly empty

More than that is just too much and well end up with nothing

Comment

Updates on Muhannds M3

Hello Members

as you all know Muhannd M3 going into Some upgrade in our Shop

a few updates on what we are doing now :-

- The Rear suspension is strippd down
                              - SC Stg 1 kit is Removed
                              - Reinforcmet kit to the reaer subframe chassis
                              - powerfex bushing kit

We discoverd a minor crack in the chassis on one side only
                              ( its normal for all E46/E36 Model performance cars ) , and my Welder will take good care of it
                              we are so lucky when we discover it now otherwise will end up with big hole :lol:

here are some pics of the process :- Enjoy our updates
                              :rev:

SUBFRAME REMOVED

ALL DOWN

DOWN VIEW

HEART BREAK

CRACK

STARTING TO REMOVE THE SC system

COOLER IS OUT (sorry for bad pic)

Pully removing (woow look at my arms :D)

good bye SC

coming soon :hay: Chassis shaving and welding process
                              Last edited by MR.E36I; 13-02-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X