Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSW Audio Upgrade

Lets start with an introduction first..

Who are BSW ? BSW or Bavarian Sound Werks are the only company in the world that specializes in BMW Audio. If you’re a person who loves to enjoy great music through a great system and at the same time hate the idea of cutting and drilling to modify your audio system, then BSW is the only solution, they replace our OEM speakers with something way better to give us an incredible sound.

Talking about E39 M5s, there are three audio systems that were produced by BMW, namely:
    1. Standard Audio
    2. DSP
    3. M Audio

Dont want to go into details but my car is equipped with standard audio system, which includes;
    4 speakers
    4 tweeters
    2 mid range

After doing my research on upgrading my sound system, i came across many great reviews about this company, to a certain extent that even people with M Audio believed what BSW produces is way better than the M Audio sound. Hence i took the step and got in touch with Halston at BSW, who handles international customers and placed my order after getting as much info as i can from him. My order included Stage 1 speaker upgrade, i.e. replacing all my current speakers and tweeters + i also ordered an 8” inch BSW sub woofer, the subwoofer comes with Rockford Fosgate 2 channel amplifier dedicated only for the subwoofer.

The subwoofer had come with a mounted enclosure ready to be installed, with installation guide and all necessary wires or bolts needed. Did the installation yesterday in Abu Dhabi at Salaam St, took around 5 easy hrs to get the perfect fit.

Driving all the way down to Al Ain kept a smile on my face forever :D The sound is astonishing, crystal clear and the sub delivers tons of bass to make you dance. This sure is an incredible mod if you cant install headers to get some bass ;)

Hats off to folks at BSW. You guys really did a good job designing the ultimate cost-effective package. The speakers fit perfectly and everything works harmoniously. And most important not to forget my friend, Ahmed Kanso who prepared the delivery/shipping for me as usual, thanks alot bro, i know im a pain sometime but thanks for bearing it with me :)

Sound deadening material, while installation applied on doors to reduce any kind of vibration or resonance from speakers

Rockford Fosgate amplifier while installation

Pics after installation

For more info, visit: BSW

Looks good Ali, now we need to hear it :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Congratz Ali
      sigpic
      BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

That looks very neat actually - I love how it's mounted on the top and the magnet is sticking out. I've got a Punch woofer, which is massive, and takes quite some space :(.
        Last edited by P3RPL3XITY; 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM.

Project DVS
        Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
        CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
          Looks good Ali, now we need to hear it :)
          Sure bro, this is the best for live music at any event ;)

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
          Congratz Ali
          Thanks Shkater :bow:

Originally posted by P3RPL3XITY View Post
          That looks very neat actually - I love how it's mounted on the top and the magnet is sticking out. I've got a Punch woofer, which is massive, and takes quite some space :(.
          One of the best things about BSW subwoofers is that you can install the woofer without having to sacrifice your trunk space, they've sent me the mounted enclosure with the woofer installed in it, i just had to fix it following the installation guide.. This is better than the huge bazookas or tubes whatever :)

Comment

Congrats Ali !!! Call me whenever ur close by, I want to hear it !! Mabrook :D
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
              Sure will do, thanks :)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                Yes me too Ali

Project DVS
                Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

VERY nice addition Ali... me likey! we gots to hear it now!
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (My8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.133 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Nice one, I love BSW, I had ipod integration kit from them, plus trim removal tools. . .
                    --------------------------------
                    Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
                    sigpic
                    its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

nice Ali, i got BSW upgrade stage I from them and the sound quality is amazing, congrates man :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Does it really make a big difference?
                        sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                        2006 Z4M - SOLD
                        1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                        2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                        2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                        2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                        2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                        1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                        2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Does it really make a big difference?
                          It does ALOT ! Dude, BSW is 100 times better than any OEM BMW speakers and woofer, you gotta listen to mine to believe it ;)

Comment

Sound good.
                            sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                            2006 Z4M - SOLD
                            1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                            2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                            2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                            2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                            2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                            1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                            2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                            X