Editorial: Remember Your First Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editorial: Remember Your First Love?

Have you ever thought about the first time you fell in love head over heals with a BMW? I’m sure it doesn’t take much for you to think back and reminisce. Whether you own one now, have owned one in the past or plan on owning one in the near future there has been a definitive moment when you saw a particular model BMW, old or new,… sighed and said “Wow, that is one gorgeous car…. I love BMWs!”

It impacted you so much, left such an impression on you that it drew the feeling of immediate affection for the “Ultimate Driving Machine” and implanted that image, or situation, in your head up until this day. Every time you see that particular model on the road it does a certain something to you. It draws your attention, gets your palms sweaty, manifestation and fantasy draw you far away from reality and it makes you think back “Ahhh I should have pulled the trigger!”

For me it was back when I was in high school and I remember it vividly! I mean prior to this moment I’ve always loved cars and recognized BMWs as a great car, a drivers car and something of a rare breed but this moment… this very moment is when I fell in love with Bimmers. A friend of mine in a surrounding town would talk about his brothers car over and over. “Yea this thing is wicked fast…. He put an Alpine TV/head unit in it….. Light tints… H.I.D’s… Sweet sound system…..” His brother was much older than us so obviously he wasn’t going to hang out with high school kids! But on one glorious night his brother let him take the car out….

We we’re hanging out in a parking lot, as typical highschoolers who have nothing better to do, and in the parking lot rolls exactly the car he had always spoken of. I did a double take….the paint shined in the overhead halogen lights of the parking lot, time slowed to a creeping pause as he got out and grinned….. I was in disbelief!

The car was an Estoril Blue E36 M3 coupe. My jaw dropped as I walked around the car and took in the beauty that was this autobahn burner. I open the door and see the gorgeous pantone process blue, pantone purple and pantone warm red M stitching on the seats…. the Alpine headunit glowing, the M logos on the mats…. it was gorgeous. As I shut the door and stand back I asked, “Did he drop it too?” My friend replied, “Nope, sitting stock.” I was in disbelief that something could come from the factory with such an aggressive stance, such fit and finish. The car was parked and it looked like it was going 120mph, I fell in love!

From that moment on, every time I see an E36 M3 in Estoril Blue it grabs me by the ears and yells directly into them with the sound of 240 hp coming from a 3.2 liter inline 6 and begs for my attention. That was my defining moment when I fell in love with BMWs and everything the brand stands for. I’m sure there are many of you out there who have had a very similar moment in time where a BMW has stolen your heart so lets hear it! Share your moment in the comments section.
    Source: bmwblog

mine was an E30 M3.. it was for a family friend who visited my parents back in 1991-1992 & i remember my bro & i were stunned by thw beauty of the M3 at that time :bow:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

+1
      Mine was also the E30 M3. It was the first BMW I owned in 1990. Too bad it only stayed with me for 4 months before I totaled it :(. But at least I put 14k miles on it.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

My first true true love was the e36 M3... GOD I love this car!!!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

you need to be punished for this ...

Comment

e36 M3 was my first love.... would love to own one someday...SIGH!
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wirelessly posted (My8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.133 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

E38 - 7 Series, a dream car !
              --------------------------------
              Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
              sigpic
              its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

i fill in love with this (exact car) 28 years ago & i'm still in love till date
                i never got lucky 2 own one (almost did once)

drove it few times & its still fun even today

by the way this car is still with the same owner since 1984
                1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

my first love was the E39 M5 which i never had, but had the E39 528i instead..
                  Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

After watching the famous video of E39 M5 driven by Tiff Needell in rain on Top Gear, i just fell head over heels for that car.. First bought an E39 530i thinking the M5 isnt very reliable and economical, later one fine day out of no where pulled the trigger and went to buy my current E39 M5.. Has always been my only dream car, proud to own one today .. Its the pleasure that it gives me which inreturn makes me be a better care taker for my car.. There are faster cars than the E39 M5 in today's time, but im not looking for speed, what im looking for is the drive pleasure and talking about the looks, in my opinion this will remain as the meanest M5 for ages to come..

Comment

The first car that got my ultimate attention was the ford mustage! old edition! last made in 1992/1993! i couldnt stop staring at the 2 fog lights on the front bumper! to me they looked like a place for a weapon! i kept imagining bullets would come out of there! lollll it just looked like the ultimate action car! haha!
                      However my first BMW love, and i mean loooooove boys! was a techno violette E36 M3 coupe that i saw in spain! it was a car shop that had ulyimate cars, but the only one that caught my attention was that M3! what a car and what a color :)
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                      X