Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY GPS suddenly stopped

Dear friends...

Yesterday, after washing my car, i came in just to get surprised that my wide monitor is not having anymore the navigation option..as you know guys, i am having the wide screen (not the small), as well as, me car is having a buildin GPS system which is installed in the back end next to the CD player..

this was the changes:
    1- My Monitor Background got changed from the normal Black and Orage fonts..to the old blue background..as if you changed from windows XP to Windows 3.1

2- i am not having anymore the GPS options in the menu..

I have heard from a friend having E39 525 that he got the same once, and he was having to change the GPS control unit (next to the CD player)...

it is not the right time to pay for that unit, as well as, i cant tolerate seeing this stupid monitor now !!!!!!
    sigpic

have tried switchin it on today?

That unit acts funny at times. Usually after a reboot it fixes itself.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

yes i did..Still the same
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
        have tried switchin it on today?

That unit acts funny at times. Usually after a reboot it fixes itself.
        +1 to be honest im having the same problem, sometime safe mode, and sometimes normal with GPS ! but i realized only when its hot during the middle of the day, the unit start to go wrong !! how much does this unit cost ? i think i should change it..

Comment

unplug the unit from the car and then plug it back in....that shud solve the safe mode problem... unit is expensive..... VERY EXPENSIVE....last time i checked it was bout 10k i believe...
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i did..still am in the safe mode..
            sigpic

Comment

check the motherboard, some times the AC leaks water in the motherboard causin funny things to happen in ur screen, in my e46 330 the screen used to open and close by itself. have the motherboard checked if its wet or something.

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
              Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                check the motherboard, some times the AC leaks water in the motherboard causin funny things to happen in ur screen, in my e46 330 the screen used to open and close by itself. have the motherboard checked if its wet or something.
                :iagree: its happened to me also

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I'm with Moe... I've heard about this AC monitor problem several times, worth getting it checked out!
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Guys..

Replaced the Navigation control unit, which is located in the back next to the Box..everything get back to its original shape..my monitor got colored again, and the GPS option is available for me ...

Just wondering, what may let this unit to get damaged !!!!

Guys, 1 more small favor: who is having an updated navigation CD?
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey Naseem80...great to hear that its sorted.

Mind if i ask how much the unit cost you? Brand new or used?
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                        Hey Naseem80...great to hear that its sorted.

Mind if i ask how much the unit cost you? Brand new or used?
                        +1 I wanna know as well .. I'm missing the NAV unit !
                        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                        eMail:
                        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

it costed me 1200 AED...i took it from an X5 2006 scraped
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
                            it costed me 1200 AED...i took it from an X5 2006 scraped
                            Is it a CD based or a DVD Navigation

AED 1200 is a little over priced IMO..

Comment

it is CD...

i found many with the range of 800 to 900..but the old software (the one which comes on the old small moniter)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X