BMW X6 M owner shares his first personal impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X6 M owner shares his first personal impressions

Back in July, we had the opportunity to drive and review for you the new BMW X6 M. Our first impressions of the first M all-wheel drive vehicle from BMW were positive and the car has lived up to its expectations. But some people called us “fanboys” and the debate about what a true BMW M car is, continued. Some people were already putting a big failure stamp on the X6 M future sales, despite the fact that we reinforced the “niche” market the X6 M is targeting and BMW’s goals for this car.

Well, with the first X5 M and X6 M cars arriving at the local dealerships, it was just a matter of time until a BMW owner will get his/her hands on the car and shared their own personal opinion. Ryan from Bimmerpost was kind to share with everyone some photos, videos and his take on the car he has just purchased.

Will he back up our story or are we truly guilty of “fanboyism"?

Impressions

Power – It was posted that the power was not that different than an X5, I couldn’t disagree more. I think that the power is simply outstanding, it’s instant, and frankly the hardest thing I have right now is learning how to apply it properly. It is a hell of a vehicle.

Suspension – My X5 seemed to give the rider more of the impression that they were “in between the wheels”, whereas the X6 M is quite springy right now. I am anticipating that this will settle down as the suspension breaks in. Also, the suspension is noticeably stiffer than my X5. In fact, I had to really get used to it and sit further forward so as to not agitate my back (I’m 6′6″ so it goes with the territory).

Seats – The seats are not as comfortable as the sport seats I had in my X5. I miss the arch of my old seats. I can feel the shoulder support is higher than in my X5, and I’m guessing that this is by design. Besides, I didn’t see a seat option so I figure it is what it is.

Technology – Sick. Just sick. Anything you coudl ever want.

Looks – The view from the front is absolutely incredible, the car looks like it’s about to take off into space. The view from the rear is not nearly as appealing IMHO (unless you’re looking at it from dead behind), but I guess the idea is that you will keep the vehicle moving forward in traffic that this won’t be an issue.

Crowd Reaction – It’s really amazing how many people have been smiling and waving to me in this car, it really does capture attention. I’m hoping that this is a good thing.

Paint – When I first started thinking about the X6M (having known nothing of M cars) I envisioned a really light blue color. The silverstone metallic is silver under direct sunlight, but turns a light blue in dimmer light. Absolutely spectacular color IMHO, probably a big reason why I bought the car on the spot.

[YOUTUBE]WN1xkxjxfAM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2maQTsIjCQ8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tAmW4HHsY_I[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

i hate those yellow reflectors

Comment

First time they did a good deed by adding a Black grill !

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry!!! But it still hasn't won me over....

Comment

^ +1 with the president ...
          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

OMG :drool:

Comment

:drool::drool:

I prefer dark colors on the X6:///M:

X5:///M: does look better tho !
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Give it time Ayham ;) .. This car rocks !
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

love it love it love it !

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                  Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

it looks much better in grey...
                    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                    2006 Z4M - SOLD
                    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                      it looks much better in grey...
                      the maroon red on the x6m :drool:
                      the blue on the x5m :drool:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

^ :drool::drool::drool::drool:
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

she's nice but bigger rims will be more nicer.
                          Alpina B3 3.0i 1995 saloon N:0286 :drive:
                          Alpina B5 4.4ltr V8 supercharged, saloon, 2007, N:260

Comment

I think this car is a looker!!! I love it but I do have to agree with superbosy :)

bigger rims FTMFSOBW!!!
                            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

^^ Even with Pirelli's discount a tire change will burn your bank account!!

Comment

Working...
                              X