Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which car to buy??? Consider both scenarios!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which car to buy??? Consider both scenarios!!!

Hello,
    I've been doing my search to buy a mid size car for a lady and the price range is about 170K.

Final 2 cars are:

2009 Audi A4 (2.0 Turbo) with extras like bigger rims (from 3.2 edition), electric seats. Basically every option available except navigation (there is a screen though). Price is AED 144,500 with 1st year full insurance + 3 years of "limited" insurance (against others). 3 year warranty and 5 year maintenance warranty. The car is ready in storage so no wait time.

2009 BMW 320i Coupe. Only problem is that the 320i comes with no screen no navigation. After adding the screen and nav, and since it will be ordered, there will be a 4 months wait. Interior seems empty. love the exterior.
    Price is AED 174,500. 3 year warranty + 3 year maintenance.

Keep in mind i'm in Kuwait, this is the best i was able to get, as price and warranties.

Thank you.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Whats the price for 325i Coupe ? ...
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Audi bro...Don't bother with the 320.

Comment

The Audi, no matter how much options available will NEVER match the Coupe presence of the 320i. Simple as that ! And, the 320i is miles ahead in design and beauty.

For the drive, we all know what a front wheel drive Audi is like and what a REAL/REAR wheel drive BMW Coupe is all about !

For options, the Audi has a good list. But Navigation isn't much of a deal breaker here, a good GARMIN portable SatNav would do the job.

The 320i is a good performer too, Ive tried it in Lebanon across rally routes and that is one strong 4pot !

Turbo on the Audi wont do you that much, especially since Kuwait is the hottest of all Gulf countries. Naturally Aspirates FTW !

Now, finally. It's not about Quantity(Audi) it's about Quality (BMW) !

Choice is yours, cheers !
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

1st of all, the price difference is unjustified. The A4 2.0T is a sweet DD, better than the 320i I'd say.

2nd of all, the A4 is a prettier car unless LSB you've opted for the 330/335 package (??)

3rd of all, THE PRICE DIFFERENCE! Again!!

Comment

Man go for the 320, it simply looks better !! and about the difference between the 320 and 335i, it is just the rims and the dual exhaust ....the front is completely the same

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
            Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

BMW FTW :yuhoo:
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

ok me a bit technical which i suck at. Isnt the Audi 4 wheel drive ? and what you gonna do track it or keep it at deal drive.
                Audi TT (2009)
                Infiniti G35 (2008)
                Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

^ The A4 2.0 I think comes in FWD as standard unless ordered with quattro option otherwise

For the price of the Audi A4 you could chip it (if you need more power and torque) and add a lot more things and still be cheaper or at the same price as the 320i. Also to me the A4 looks better than the 320 interior wise (unfortunately) and since that is what you will be looking at most of the time...
                  ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Many are leaning towards the 320i, but did u guys consider the scenarios???? and for those asking me if i will track the car or chip it etc, the car i'm buying is not for me, its for my sister. she is not interested in speed, thats why we considered the 320i (plus my budget).
                    Someone asked about the price of the 325i, it will cost AED 193K (in kuwait dealership). the extras over the 320i are: nav, bluetooth, seat color option, and bigger rims.
                    But its way over the budget, different category!
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                      Many are leaning towards the 320i, but did u guys consider the scenarios???? and for those asking me if i will track the car or chip it etc, the car i'm buying is not for me, its for my sister. she is not interested in speed, thats why we considered the 320i (plus my budget).
                      Someone asked about the price of the 325i, it will cost AED 193K (in kuwait dealership). the extras over the 320i are: nav, bluetooth, seat color option, and bigger rims.
                      But its way over the budget, different category!
                      Dude you should have said its for your sis, then 320i all way !!!!
                      Audi TT (2009)
                      Infiniti G35 (2008)
                      Evo 8- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Atefeh View Post
                        Dude you should have said its for your sis, then 320i all way !!!!
                        I did mention that! first line after hello! lol
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                          I did mention that! first line after hello! lol
                          sorry man, lots of stress. :sad:
                          Audi TT (2009)
                          Infiniti G35 (2008)
                          Evo 8- Sold

Comment

By the looks of it, you are getting more options in the A4 than the 320 and it is AED 30,000 cheaper... which I think is a no brainer. Since your sister doesn't care about handling or speed, I would go for the A4. Just a thought how much is the A5 going for? if she wants a coupe
                            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                              By the looks of it, you are getting more options in the A4 than the 320 and it is AED 30,000 cheaper... which I think is a no brainer. Since your sister doesn't care about handling or speed, I would go for the A4. Just a thought how much is the A5 going for? if she wants a coupe

I didnt see it at dealership! but u are RIGHT!!! how much is it? someone mentioned it before and i immediately assumed that it will be expensive! but it could be within the range, since i'm not looking to buy the bigger engine!

Can someone assist on this! how much is the A5????
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X