Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 E46 speed limit by AGMC

hi all,

just one question I have just bought a used M3 E46 the car is supposed to be originally from AGMC but i have reached the speed of 270 km that is above 250 which i know is by law the speed limitor on all agencies in uae right?

so is this normal for an AGMC M3 or should i suspect that the chip has been changed and how to check that?.

another question which might be selly since am new to the car how do u handle acurate parking in reverse in this car coz it needs to push on acceclator for reverse right?? am ready for some seminars if available ;):please:
    :thanks2:
    sigpic
    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

our M3s are limited at 275km/h which equals after calculating the error about 250km which is the correct speed limit .... if the car stopped going more than 270 or 275km/h that means it is limited ... if it passed 280km/h that means its chipped ..!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i don't think the speedo error is that high on BMWs :dunno: on average it should be like 5% if i'm not mistaken :)

the electronically limited top speed on my Z4MC was mentioned in the catalogue as 250km/h or 275km/h for M-Driver's Package.. i think all gulf spec M3s have the higher limiter @ 275km/h, unlike the US & some european countries :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I was shocked to see my M5 crossing the speed limiter and touching the 300 km/h on the gauge, did it once, but never gonna do it again and I dont suggest anyone pushing the car to its limits.. :nono:

Comment

before reaching this highspeed limit i would recommend you master parking in reverse first ;)

on another note why would one want to reach this illegal speed anyways?

Comment

Stop being idols everyone! we all try to test our car's limit even once, we all know its not a good thing to do and is not legal, but we all do it anyways ;)

Now you SMGholic people give him the parking tips he aked for

:hide:
            Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

let him come to HPDS and i'll teach him how to drive his car on 2 wheels sideways :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                Stop being idols everyone! we all try to test our car's limit even once, we all know its not a good thing to do and is not legal, but we all do it anyways ;)

:hide:

:iagree: once is no harm, but no more further

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                let him come to HPDS and i'll teach him how to drive his car on 2 wheels sideways :rofl:
                :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

:rofl:
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

hi all thanks for the replies and infos....

so what i get from this is that i need to do it once again and try to reach 290 to make sure my car is not chipped!!!

nabil thx for the support bro u really got my point:)

well am not a high speed fan myself i dont like to drive all the time above 200 but as nabil said i wanted to see the M effect i dont like to be illegal all the time but sometimes u know:rev:

now okay so if i want to check that my car is chipped how to do it without driving till 290??

the previous owner was like 50 something dude that didnt spend or drive the car too much so i dought he even chipped it but he mentioned that his friend did it so that got me suspecious

anyways guys i really like to learn my car potentials and learn how to handle it and the hell how to freaking park it..so if u got like meetings or gatherings or if someone have time i can have a crash course :bmw3: with him u ll do me a favour:please:
                    sigpic
                    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

you can Dyno the car if you want to know without driving fast, I dont know if the GT1 gets this info?
                      Meskovic

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                        you can Dyno the car if you want to know without driving fast, I dont know if the GT1 gets this info?
                        do u know where they do that?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asallam123 View Post
                          do u know where they do that?
                          TAM auto

http://www.tam-ae.com/

Comment

we tried at TAM but his dyno didnt work on BMWs, im sure the guys will give you an answer tomorrow, GT1 is available at X service centre, dont know if Bruno got it at Falcon's
                            Meskovic

Comment

Originally posted by asallam123 View Post
                              hi all thanks for the replies and infos....

so what i get from this is that i need to do it once again and try to reach 290 to make sure my car is not chipped!!!

nabil thx for the support bro u really got my point:)

well am not a high speed fan myself i dont like to drive all the time above 200 but as nabil said i wanted to see the M effect i dont like to be illegal all the time but sometimes u know:rev:

now okay so if i want to check that my car is chipped how to do it without driving till 290??

the previous owner was like 50 something dude that didnt spend or drive the car too much so i dought he even chipped it but he mentioned that his friend did it so that got me suspecious

anyways guys i really like to learn my car potentials and learn how to handle it and the hell how to freaking park it..so if u got like meetings or gatherings or if someone have time i can have a crash course :bmw3: with him u ll do me a favour:please:
                              as i said come to the HPDS and we will give you a crash course...

post a pic of your car and sure someone has seen it before and could give you a quick pointers on its history

Comment

Working...
                              X