SMG Problem AGAIN!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Problem AGAIN!!!!

hi memebrs, yetserday i was heading home from marina mall Abu Dhabi, was about 2 min away from my home, the SMG light lighted up on my dashboard. Everything was going on nicely, nothing happened, kept on driving till my home, parked the car, switch it off and thats it. I took my bro's car for night and when i came back home, the car was cool and tryed to start it, it was not starting, the gear nob was not shifting from its place and on the dashboard, it was not showing where is the gear position althoug it was on neutral.

Up 2day morning called the recovey and straight to AD motors, got the car down from the recovery put the switch on 2nd position, now the car shows the gear in which position it is and the gear nob is moving, i'm hearing a sound coming from the pump but the gear is not shifting and the car is not starting.

No news will be there until late tuesday till they get the car inside for inspection, AD Motors are very busy and i have to wait in que

DAMN!!! that really sucks! I don't really know what the possibilities are of what the problem could be... I'm sure everyone will post their views.

Inshallah it'll be something minor like a relay or so... in either case, make sure u let them upgrade the SMG software like mine, it runs like a dream (il hamdillah)

Keep us posted abu shreek... inshallah khair!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

sorry to hear that man, hope it's nothing serious :dunno:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

i will keep u updated, but its 1 of 3, RELAY or CLUTCH or SMG PUMP, from least expensive to most, i think it is a clutch, dunno i have to wait and check

Comment

i would vote it's the clutch.... i think you got the same side effects as rifo when his went out. it turend out to be the clutch sad to hear this happening to you though.

Comment

and its a good thing that you have your car always on "N"

Comment

akanso is back on streets after solving his SMG problem

Comment

the relay broke down, it was changed and SMG pump was cleaned and maintained, software upgrade for the SMG and washing the car :D. c u on fri on the track ;)

Comment

relay :slap: :spank: :spank2:

Comment

Mabrook!
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

thanx, thank god it was a relay not more, but u know as soon as i saw the telltale light of the SMG i directly stopped the car and took it on recovery to the dealer. Maybe that helped. :D

Comment

Smart mashallah!
                        Meskovic
                        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

:huh:

Comment

marbook is the right word

this light could've cost you an arm & a leg if it turned out to be the pump or so.....

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thats a good news, well done.. :clap:

Comment

Working...
                              X