Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Pressure Warning Light

Guys

I just picked up my car from Falcons last night and while driving back to Abu Dhabi, all of a sudden the tire pressure warning light (the one that looks like a horse shoe with an exclamation mark in the middle) went on. I stopped at ADNOC to check the tires pressure, all of them were okay except for one which was 52 PSI (whoever did this should be slapped)
    they are all ok now but the light is still there!

Any recommendations/advices?

Thanks
    sigpic

i witessed the same in foad's M3 but the light went out shortly after driving from the gas station (after checking the tire pressure) so i think the sensor is kind of dump and needs time to go off ....my recommendation just check tires again today and see if they r ok donot worry about the light coz it should go out later
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

how did you reset it?

Comment

If its still not working, try reinitialize the FTM (Flat Tire Monitor) first thing in the morning before driving the car because you need the tires to be cold.

Just in case, here's a detailed step by step process of reinitializing it:
        1.) Make sure the car is turn off.
        2.) Check all tires if properly inflated (to spec is preferred) from side to side.
        3.) Now turn the key toward the 2nd position where car has not started yet but with dash lights lit up and the FTM light is in red.
        4.) Now press and hold the FTM button until red light goes out then release button.
        5.) Now press the same button again until the light shows in amber then release button. In a few seconds the light will go away.
        6.) Once light is gone, at this point the System should have already been reinitialized and you can now turn on your car to start driving it.

Comment

I checked a while ago and the light was still on

I will try to reset it in a while

Thanks Guys

Bruno: you should try the gear man, its out of this world!
          sigpic

Comment

fresh clutch = :drool:

Comment

Usually a reset issue, just as Bruno said. Try it and we'll go from there.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

It worked :thanks2:
                sigpic

Comment

Good good.
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                  X