H.E.L.P!! -- Steering Lock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.E.L.P!! -- Steering Lock!

Hey guys, this just recently started happening to my car. I dont know why, but im hoping you guys can help, before i feel i need to take it to the agency.

1. I unlocked the car (like i usually do )
    2. Insert the key & the steering lock sign (as in the picture below) comes up in Orange
    3. I try starting the car ( i hear a few clicks {the steering wheel locking} ) and the sign turns red & the car fails to start then.

To solve it i did this. (and it worked)

1. Removed the key.
    2. locked the car.
    3. unlocked the car.
    4. insert key.
    5. Start.

And then the car ran normally. Until it happened again.
    and now the sign shows even while im driving.
    Im worried that the steering doesnt go "Hey imma lock myself up right about now" while im driving, and the next you read in gulf news.

'Indian citizen H.N died in a car malfunction accident'

Anyways

Any ideas as to why this is happening ?
    Is it something i shouldnt be taking so lightly ?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by hiten86; 17-05-2009, 11:23 PM.
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

needs a GT1

AGMC or X-Service :)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Sell it and bring a BMW without all this useless technology

:hide:
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
        Sell it and bring a BMW without all this useless technology

:hide:
        Thanks Nabil, i know you're pointing at my car :P

Anyways Hiten, as Haissam mentioned, its better to take it to the dealer since its under warranty..

Comment

Hiten .... :slap: if this happened again when starting the car, try to shake the steering wheel cuz if the steering is locked you can't turn the car on unless you shake it .....

OR

take it to AGMC but i don't think there is an issue in the first place :dunno:
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

dude do u have the ACtive steering ?

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
            Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
              Hiten .... :slap: if this happened again when starting the car, try to shake the steering wheel cuz if the steering is locked you can't turn the car on unless you shake it .....

OR

take it to AGMC but i don't think there is an issue in the first place :dunno:
              what u r saying rifo is fine but hiten is saying that it happens while driving that the light comes on :O this is pretty dangerous
              but if u ask me i think it is the light malfunction coz if it is the REAL lock malfunction then bye bye hiten ( god forbid )
              hiten u should get it checked as haissam said ....it is no joke driving a car that can lock itself while driving
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

1. I unlocked the car (like i usually do )
                2. Insert the key & the steering lock sign (as in the picture below) comes up in Orange
                3. I try starting the car ( i hear a few clicks {the steering wheel locking} ) and the sign turns red & the car fails to start then.
                ^^^ It happened while the car was still OFF ... so that means my solution could be right .. Hiten try it please n let us know !

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                  And then the car ran normally. Until it happened again.
                  and now the sign shows even while im driving.
                  :read:
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

hmmmm .. AGMC is the solution then ! might be steering box failure !

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

hiten reply to me, i had the same experience i can help u !!

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                        dude do u have the ACtive steering ?
                        if i'd have known i'd have told you :( sorry about being ignorant, but how do i find out ?

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                        hiten reply to me, i had the same experience i can help u !!
                        Apparently, many 2007 + e 90 & e 92/93 owners have had this problem, that too after 13-14 months. . .
                        2008 325i coupe
                        Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                          if i'd have known i'd have told you :( sorry about being ignorant, but how do i find out ?
                          an active steering should make your steering more precise and easier to handle

[youtube]yfvbJMLG7hk[/youtube]

Hope this helps ..

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

if u have an active steering, then i have to tell u some bad news.

If ur steering is normal, then i think that they need to change ur steering box or wutever they call it.

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Hey moe- i couldnt really tell from the video - cuz i cant see the video( in office now< that stuff is blocked)

I'll check and get back here as soon as i know,

Another thing, what bad news would it be if i have active steering ?
                              2008 325i coupe
                              Stock

Comment

Working...
                              X