335 Ship from US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

335 Ship from US?

I am relocating to Dubai and have a 335 sedan (6spd with Sports Package) with 22k miles. I can buyout the car for about $36k. Car will cost me about 140,000 dhms shipped to Dubai with tax. I was checking the prices in Dubai and it seems like a new one costs about 235,000 dhms. Is it recommended for me to ship a car with US specs? Is 5% tax the only thing I have to worry about on the port? Any advice would help.

Check Pictures out @ http://www.leasetrader.com/2007_BMW_...n_133495.xhtml
    Last edited by nzuberi; 14-06-2008, 05:35 AM.

First Welcome to our club...

U'll be paying the shipping charges + 5% for customs + 350 Dirhams as a tax to consider the car as a gulf specific..........

i think that will be covering all the expinces for importing the car to UAE :)

hope i helped, and if u need anyth else we r here to help :)
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

first of all welcome to the club & it's good you found us.

basiacally what bashar said is right, but you can save a bit on the 5% if you can arrange an invoice/evaluation with lower car value ;)

also keep in mind that they don't get manual 335's here coz they're so stupid! i don't think the sedan is 235k here, last time i checked it was 220-225k, but i might be wrong..

i say get your car if you'd like to keep it.. well if it costs you 145-148k on the street it'll still be cheaper than a used 330 in dubai!

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

it's worth shipping it from the states... you can use it for a year or so and still be able to sell it for the same price or slightly more, that's if you wanted to sell it later. nice car btw

Comment

Good question...But I'm not sure you'll get dealer coverage here. If any thing, they cling to any excuse not to work on cars! "ahhh, your hair is on the wrong side today!! Sorry, can't work on your car!" But hey, that's why we're here ;)

Get it and enjoy it with us...

Comment

Working...
          X