Can this warning sign be turned off????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this warning sign be turned off????

Eversince I changed my stock rims, i've had this sign turned on! (look at picture).
    I didn't mind it in the begining, but everytime i give someone a ride, they try to be smart a$$es and tell me "is there smething wrong with ur car?" when i say NOOOOOO! they point to the warning sign in the picture! lol!
    So now its getting to me! can this be reset? any other choice?

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

That's tire pressure warning sign.
    The correct way to set the tire pressure is to (after filling your tires appropriately), you turn the key to pos 2, hold down the button for 20s, and it should give you a confirmation. After that, if you press it it disables it for that car ride.
    Last edited by SSense; 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      That's tire pressure warning sign.
      The correct way to set the tire pressure is to (after filling your tires appropriately), you turn the key to pos 2, hold down the button for 20s, and it should give you a confirmation. After that, if you press it it disables it for that car ride.
      Okay let me see if i follow this....

So after i press the tire pressure button for 20 seconds, it should give me a confirmation (a beep i'm assuming).
      Once this is done, i should NOT press the tire pressure button again? or else it will disable the setting? Correct?
      Last edited by LSB_M3; 09-03-2009, 01:53 PM.
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
        Okay let me see if i follow this....

So after i press the tire pressure button for 20 seconds, it should give me a confirmation (a beep i'm assuming).
        Once this is done, i should NOT press the tire pressure button again? or else it will disable the setting? Correct?
        Correct! You should press the button once only for the 20 seconds, no more pressing the button after that.

Comment

alternatively... black duct-tape FTMFSOBW!!!

:rofl:
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post

Okay i need to know what this "FTMFSOBW" stands for!!! :) :) :)
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I'll PM you :)
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

FTMFSOBAHW is a TM for me okaaaaay

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I tried it, but it didnt work!

i tried it in 2 ways: Once u drive, the sign turns on in red. So i shut the car off, pos 2, pressed the button for 20 sec = result = the sign turned yellow and it made a sound at the same time, but it didnt disappear!

Second way: i pressed the button so that the sign goes away (keep in mind once i drive it comes back on), pos 2, pressed the button for 20 sec = result = the sign comes out in yellow for few seconds then turns red, no sound.

So both gave me no result!

Can you confirm the steps???

Pos 2 = as if i'm starting the car but i dont? correct?

So what else is missing?????? :) :) :)
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

IMO what you did was correct, usually once when you drive the light should go off automatically after a few minutes, mine sometimes took 5 mins to go off but it should never appear again.

Im really sorry but I am helpless, Id suggest you to take it to some computer expert who can reset it and see where the problem is.. since the problem occured only after you got the new rims..

Comment

It's from rotational speed. Same 18" wheel with the same size tire will have roughly the same rotational speed. Now if one side has 40psi and the other drops to 30psi the rotational speed of the 2 wheels are now changed which will set off the light (most likely in yellow as this isn't "much" of a change being seen by the tpm).
                        Most likely there is nothing wrong with your tires, but if your tires lose more than 6-10+ PSI over one night from parking, then I'd be concerned there was some leaking issues.

Correct way of resetting your tpm light would be to ..

1. check tire pressures to make sure there no variance from side to side.
                        2. sit in car without touching any of the pedals
                        3. key in the second position
                        4. press and hold tpm until tpm lights go out completely on the dash
                        5. press and hold the tpm again until yellow tpm light indicator comes lit on dash
                        6. start car and drive. the light will go off itself (might go out at idle).

Comment

Turn you key to Position 2 (the "click" right before the ignition "click").
                          Press and hold the tire monitor button and after about 5 sec, it will light up yellow.
                          now start driving and the car will reset the pressure standards to the current tire pressure.
                          After like 2-5 min of driving, the yellow light should go off and you should be set.
                          Make sure you're tires are properly inflated before doing this though.
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Okay i will try that today....
                            Cheers!
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

It worked! thanks guys! What would i do without this forum? :)
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X