Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to fix a Vanos???

Posting on behalf of a friend.

My friend's E46 M3 is having problems. His mechanic says that his vanos is not working properly.

He looked into it and said that he found a company in the states that rebuilds it for (500 to 800) dollars + shipping back and forth. I told him that there might be some garage in UAE which can do the job.
    So is there?????? If there is, does anyone know how much it will cost etc.

Thanks!
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Building a Vanos unit here is sth that ive never heard of..... i would recommend Dr.Vanos at the states.

You send the unit there and they will rebuild everyth, and ull be recieveing an almost new vanos. Also you have the option of asking for a fully functioning rebuilt vanos unit, and after you recieve it and install it ull send urs back to them and they wil refund you the difference...

i.e ull pay 1500$ for the rebuild unit, and after u send urs back ull get ur 700$ back....
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
      Building a Vanos unit here is sth that ive never heard of..... i would recommend Dr.Vanos at the states.

You send the unit there and they will rebuild everyth, and ull be recieveing an almost new vanos. Also you have the option of asking for a fully functioning rebuilt vanos unit, and after you recieve it and install it ull send urs back to them and they wil refund you the difference...

i.e ull pay 1500$ for the rebuild unit, and after u send urs back ull get ur 700$ back....
      +1, I've heard good feedback about Dr. Vanos
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

change the sensors first

Comment

What sensors? Eventhough the only thing not properly working is the venos. I'm not a technical guy so please explain :)
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
            change the sensors first
            +1111111111111111111
            Make sure that it is the vanos. In the E39 M5, some times the codes show a vanos problem, and it turns out to be CPS's. So before you start removing your vanos make sure they are the bad parts.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
              +1111111111111111111
              Make sure that it is the vanos. In the E39 M5, some times the codes show a vanos problem, and it turns out to be CPS's. So before you start removing your vanos make sure they are the bad parts.
              His mechanic told him its the vanos. How can he make sure that it is really the vanos???
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

How did his mechanic come to that conclusion? did he connect it to a GT1 or other software? did he hear something ? or did he see something?

Mods
                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                Schrick cams
                KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                  How did his mechanic come to that conclusion? did he connect it to a GT1 or other software? did he hear something ? or did he see something?
                  I have no idea! lol!
                  My friend was complaining to me about his vanos and i told him i will see what the forum guys have to say :) :) :)
                  Supposedly he is a good mechanic and knows BMWs very well.
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Ask your friend to ask his mech. how he came to this conclusion.

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

if the engine has a rattling sound (like marbels in a cane) its the vanos, and if it is just a simple ticking noise its normal due to the solid shims.....

Id say check with GT1 diagnostic, check the oil (which oil is he using???), and change the vanos filter.... if the filter (small mesh screw filter) is clogged there is lil. oil reaching the vanos gears and it will rattle so loud.....
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

What is it that your friend is complaining about? Is he not getting the "kick" from the VANOS? Or is it the noise (rattle)?

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                          I have no idea! lol!
                          My friend was complaining to me about his vanos and i told him i will see what the forum guys have to say :) :) :)
                          Supposedly he is a good mechanic and knows BMWs very well.
                          i'll make your life simple :)

tell your lazy friend to join the forums and upload a vid of the sound...

:Coffe:

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

:whathesaid::iagree::goodpost::logic:

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

Lol, True!!! I already mentioned this forum thousands of times!!!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X