Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers

Greetings everyone,

Seems like i only seem to be having so many issues with my 540i.... its old.. i knw (luckily they are only minor :P). so I sat in my friends altima yesterday.. and since we have a common taste in music, he played some songs and they sounded sooooo different in his music system. Although its bose ... but still...

so i decided its about time for a change and was wondering if anyone has ever changed the speakers in their cars? any idea about the cost? also if i do go for a change.. what are the recommendations?

I currently drive an E39 M5 and I use 2007 Altima as my daily driver. I must agree with you the sound system in Altima is something I never expected, it has bass and the bass is so loud that you dont want to stop the music, but overall volume is low since it lacks number of speakers, what you hear is only out of the 4 speakers. Whereas in E39s, you have 10-12 speakers, the sound is awesome and the stock setup is made so well, you can increase the volume and get a clear output out of the DSP amplifier, but here at times you feel it lacks bass.

If you're thinking of changing the speakers, Id suggest you to go for a JBL setup with JBL speakers since they deliver great sound, for that you'll have to change your stock DSP amplifier too. A whole setup with JBL speakers+amps+subs would cost you nothing less than AED 3000.

Comment

yellow hat have a good offer... check them out.

Comment

@Ssense.. actually my friend's got 9 speakers in his... i think its the 2009 model.. if i am not mistaken... the 2.3l fully loaded...
        @bruno .. thanks .. i'll check them out..

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          yellow hat have a good offer... check them out.
          where mare they located? never found them...
          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
          2006 Z4M - SOLD
          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
            where mare they located? never found them...
            They're located at the Times Square Center on Sheikh Zayed Rd.
            Tel: +971 (0)4 341 8593
            www.yellowhat.ae

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              They're located at the Times Square Center on Sheikh Zayed Rd.
              Tel: +971 (0)4 341 8593
              www.yellowhat.ae
              thanks ali, appreciate that.
              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
              2006 Z4M - SOLD
              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

thanks ali, appreciate that.
                Anytime Jeanloup :)

Comment

Question relating to the same topic, I need some loud base in my M3 (just base), would it be okay to add a sub woofer by itself, do i have to change the amplifier?
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

If your car currently has built in woofer, its definetely connected to your stock amplifier and the bass + sound is limited due to that. You can ofcourse connect a new woofer to the current head unit or amplifer, but I wouldnt connect the subwoofer straight to the head unit as it can Blow up the head unit or subwoofer or fuses and connecting the woofer to the stock amplifier will make the woofer act like another normal speaker.
                    I suggest you dont play with the stock system, if you want an upgrade then do a complete upgrade, or else dont, thats just my opinion :)

If you want to add just a woofer, then get a separate amplifier for that, but again your head unit should be able to support 2 amplifiers, one is your stock and the other after market.

Comment

most of the new subwoofer has now a built in emplifier. if you have that then you can connect to stock but uif not Ali is right don't do it.
                      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                      2006 Z4M - SOLD
                      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

If your car currently has built in woofer, its definetely connected to your stock amplifier and the bass + sound is limited due to that. You can ofcourse connect a new woofer to the current head unit or amplifer, but I wouldnt connect the subwoofer straight to the head unit as it can Blow up the head unit or subwoofer or fuses and connecting the woofer to the stock amplifier will make the woofer act like another normal speaker.
                        I suggest you dont play with the stock system, if you want an upgrade then do a complete upgrade, or else dont, thats just my opinion :)

If you want to add just a woofer, then get a separate amplifier for that, but again your head unit should be able to support 2 amplifiers, one is your stock and the other after market.
                        My main problem is the fact that i dont know a place which does a clean instalation job (here in kuwait). Specially taking the interior apart!
                        So i was trying to see if i can simply add a subwoofer alone. Adding a new amp sounds scary to me! But i know that its the right thing to do.
                        I used to have "Boston Aquistics" speakers and two 10" sub woofer in my previous Supra! I Had 2 amps for that system! it was sooooo loud!!! music sounded great! Damn i miss those days ;)
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

most of the new subwoofer has now a built in emplifier. if you have that then you can connect to stock but uif not Ali is right don't do it.
                          Subwoofer with built in amp sounds great! I will look around for that!
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

If you dont know some professional who does the job then I suggest dont do it, or else they'll deal with your M3 like a Civic while installation. Keep the stock setup, but if you're looking for a change then rip off the complete system and add whatever you like, from head unit to everything, that would do the work. But again, be on the safe side and enjoy what you're getting from Harman Kardon, I guess.

Comment

If you dont know some professional who does the job then I suggest dont do it, or else they'll deal with your M3 like a Civic while installation. Keep the stock setup, but if you're looking for a change then rip off the complete system and add whatever you like, from head unit to everything, that would do the work. But again, be on the safe side and enjoy what you're getting from Harman Kardon, I guess.
                              Thanks for the advice ;)
                              Cheers!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X