Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Door Locks

Greetings everyone,

i was not sure which section this topic would fall under. Electronics seemed the closest.

I have been having problems with my rear door locks. Earlier it was only one but now both seem to have been locked. Its kind of wierd. When u try pulling the door handle from the inside, the lock comes up... but the door does not open. From the outside you cant do nothing. So essentially I am driving a 2 door car with 4 doors.. :P

I am not sure if anyone else has had the same problem. Went to my friend's garage where the guys told me they will have to remove the door physically and fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My E36 had the same problem with the passenger door. Falcons took care of it :) Loose lock rod was the culprit...Yes, they had to strip the door from the inside to re-attach everything.

Comment

+1 in those cases u need to strip the door panels from inside

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Falcons Garage FTW !
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

We had the same issue with my brother's 7 series! The mechanic stripped the entire door!
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

sounds like a lot of work... will have to leave the car at the garage for a couple of days for both the doors...
            surprisingly it doesnt seem like a one off incident...

i knw this is out of topic but i was doing some research about the dashboard lcd display (da pixels on mine are starting to disappear) and apparently in NA they had this issue on all e39's n a few other models I dont remember...and they did free part replacement... wonder if that applies here as well...

Comment

Doesnt apply here....i had the same issue with my e39 540i. Dealers here are crap!
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

so did u get it replaced wazif? ny ideas about the price.. ?

Comment

Working...
                X