No announcement yet.

Killing me Softly !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me I've thought so many times of selling the car .... but then I think again that I've changed almost everything n I still got this HOPE that one day this mess will stop...
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Try driving the car in 'D' mode for an entire month. I kid you not, try it . Don't revv past 6,000RPM. Hold yourself calm, endure it. No matter what car is next to you on the signal light, no matter how empty the road is or how long . Hold it in .

That might sound like a whole bunch of crap because it's an M car not a Yaris. But, the point is to change the driving style. I learned how to change my driving style because of the E46 318i we had, theres a gauge that's right under the RPM needle wich tells you how much fuel youre consuming per 100KM. It's much more effective than a digital like the one you have, but let me tell you this. Forcing yourself to keep it under half will change the way you drive forever! Try using the digital one youve got.

Theres a good old and very true saying: Take care of her and she'll take care of you !

Hope that helps bro !
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Amer ..... I'm repeating this for the 1000 time... I dont drive crazy I dont !!!...

What you see guys is only when I'm around you ... I don't do donuts I don't burnout I dont kill the car ... I don't rev beyond 4000 Rpm on a regular day ... !!! ....

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i have one thing to say; my car produces crazy bhp and if theres an M3 in town that should breakdown the most is mine, but it doesnt 7amdilah...I'm not gonna comment on your driving habits, but everything that you have mentioned is related to driving and normal wear and tear stuff. Plus, don't forget what year your car is and how many miles are on it, all these should be taken into consideration.

ps. Yes you do see me in the workshop a lot, but whenever I'm there its not because i'm fixing issues, its because I like to do things to my car slowly, you tend to enjoy every little thing you do to it more...

Comment

Donate your car to me!

Rifo, everything has a life span, and those parts you mentioned just happened to collapse in a 9 month span, I wont say it is because of you, lets say its because the previous owner didnt maintain the car well, in other words, some parts need to be changed before they are damaged so that they dont damage something else when they go ka boom, obviously this wasnt done hence you are paying all this money, an M is never cheap, either suck it up and brag abut how much you spend or just sell it tomorrow!

Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Rifo i dunno wut say or comment on this, but we've discussed this for the 1039392 time now, i feel sorry for u man. i knw how it feels but every1 warned u not to buy a used M, and its true. i knw ur drivin style but i would disagree with most of the guys in here. if an M= MOTORSPORTS and ur not allowed to drive it to the limit then y did they name it an M. !!

Rifo u know my drivin style and u know how easy i like to take it on the car but am still having a lot of problems and fixing a lot of stuff as well. thank god i still have the warranty, otherwise i would be drivin a CIVIC or somethin. am really considering to sell my car after the warranty is over.
              BOTTOM LINE: BMW have reliability issues, its such a lovely car but still at the end of the day, many brands are just more reliable than bimmers !!
              Last edited by Moe; 29-01-2009, 04:47 AM.

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
              Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

let's assume an average person travels a distance of 25000 kms per year. You, however, travelled 50,000 kms in less than a year. i said it several times, a M3 aint for a student. if you need to travel that much you will have to spend a lot of money to replace the wear and tear parts, and better yet you have been replacing parts faster than it should because of the excessive amount of distance that you travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                  Rifo u know my drivin style and u know how easy i like to take it on the car but am still having a lot of problems and fixing a lot of stuff as well. thank god i still have the warranty, otherwise i would be drivin a CIVIC or somethin. am really considering to sell my car after the warranty is over.
                  BOTTOM LINE: BMW have reliability issues, its such a lovely car but still at the end of the day, many brands are just more reliable than bimmers !!
                  1) nothing's wrong with a CIVIC! :starwars:
                  2) sell it 3-4 months before warranty is over it will attract more buyers & get u a better deal ;)

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I feel really sorry for you Rifo, trust me I know you dont drive the way most of us think how you do.. + the price you paid for using this car is simply HUGE ! I dont own an M3 to talk about this, but Im sure an M car wouldnt rip our pockets this way, specially looking at how much you had spent on it monthly.
                    Some cars are cursed, either prepare yourself to bear the costs coming your way or else sell it and get another M..

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                      1) nothing's wrong with a CIVIC! :starwars:
                      2) sell it 3-4 months before warranty is over it will attract more buyers & get u a better deal ;)
                      looool !!

:D

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Sorry to hear this bro.... i totally understand how you are feeling cause my previous car was pretty much the same!...the e39 540i m-sport...it used to give me problems always...ive spent a LOT on that car! it has died on the road atleast 3 times due to fuel pump issues... but trust me, the way that car drove! ufff mashaallah...it used to make me smile always...in the end of the day, i used to tell myself...all in all, its still worth it.

If i hadnt found my dream car the ///M3, i would have still kept it...if i had the place and cash to maintain both cars, I would have still kept it!...

Rifo, I honestly believe dexy is gettin better, you have spent a lot on her, you have taken care of her...n this will stop soon. You seem to have replaced most of the critical parts. Your car does have high mileage and thats probably the reason why this is happening...this wear off with time and usage bro... thats reality... let shak examine dexy in and out and give u a list of stuff that needs attention, this might help you plan out your maintenance over the next couple of months based on criticality.

i wud suggest gettn a old civic or corolla for your daily uni use....everyday from oud metha to AUS is quite a drive...

Cheer up bro! .... you own an ///M3! not many ppl have that luxury :)
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

If long distance is the problem u have a very good solution : DORMS :D
                          sigpic
                          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                          Falcons Garage
                          Carbotech

Comment

Just got the car from *** .... Now I have Engine mounts to replace .... Transmission mounts already replaced .... !! ...

Total Sum now is : 33,385 AED

On Saturday I'm gonna get the car back to *** to do the clutch adaptation process.. I'm still facing slight clutch slippage !

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Alright, engine mounts are consumables!

Your list should be about a blown motor, a broken gearbox, broken diff., snapped axles, control arms, steering box. You know, the like. Things that are not meant to break!

Comment

Rifo, It's an M car, Just drive it the way it was built to be driven. Like they say "Drive it like you stole it".
                                I agree most parts you have changed are wear and tear, look at the abuse the club car takes, and like the energizer bunny it keeps on ticking. BMWs are built tough, parts have a lifetime, if you have changed most of these parts, then you should be OK for a while. My car is often in the 6K+ rpm range, I really drive it hard. Once th radiator blew (8 years old), besides that only wear and tear parts, and preventive maintenance.
                                I think you shouldn't think of selling her now after all the money you just spent. That money should take you a long way now.
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                                Schrick cams
                                Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                                Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                                KW Coilovers V3
                                WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X