Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Repair / Service

Hey guys,

I'm very new to this forum, in this country in fact! I own a 2001 model 330i which is givng me persistent problems. There is a problem with the wheel alignment, there is some sort of leak in the power steering oil, and most majorly, engine shuddering when idle which leads to an unstable RPM.

Need to know if any of you can recommend a good economic mechanic somewhere in Dubai to get fixed? Very honestly, I dont think I can afford AGMC or Tony Edwards as their service charges are exorbitant! All these problems apart, the power is still amazing!

Thanks for your help guys!

:welcome2: Aboard

Id suggest you to check X Service Center or Falcons Garage in Rashidiya, they do some great job and the prices are reasonable :)

Comment

aboard...

I recommend you to take ur ride to X-Service so they can check it up over there ... ask for Shakil ...

You came to the right place man :)
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

welcome zaheer. go to X...

and stay posting after you get your issues sorted out yeah?

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I know of X-Service...i'll take it over this weekend and have it checked there...haven't heard of Falcons garage though. Will keep u'll posted...

Comment

Welcome here...Quick guesses on your problems:

- Wheel alignment: What exactly happens? Upon breaking? Within a speed range? Are your rims bent? Have they been in an accident? You can take it to Pirelli Showroom in Rashidiya and let them check them. They do great service with us.

- Power steering leak: How much mileage is on the car? There are 3 hydraulic hoses, they're expensive to buy and replace.

- Shuddering is when there's a sound accompanied with violent vibration. So, is it just the RPM going up and down with no vibration? If it's the latter, it's most likely your MAF sensor. If it's accompanied with vibration and when the car is on "D", then it's the engine mounts + MAF

These are educated guesses based on experience, but it can be something else. A diagnostic at *** would go a long way. Either X Service Centre or Falcons Garage would do, I take my cars over to these guys and they're great value for the money.

Comment

:welcome2: aboard

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Welcome here...Quick guesses on your problems:

- Wheel alignment: What exactly happens? Upon breaking? Within a speed range? Are your rims bent? Have they been in an accident? You can take it to Pirelli Showroom in Rashidiya and let them check them. They do great service with us.

- Power steering leak: How much mileage is on the car? There are 3 hydraulic hoses, they're expensive to buy and replace.

- Shuddering is when there's a sound accompanied with violent vibration. So, is it just the RPM going up and down with no vibration? If it's the latter, it's most likely your MAF sensor. If it's accompanied with vibration and when the car is on "D", then it's the engine mounts + MAF

Either X Service Centre or Falcons Garage would do, I take my cars over to these guys and they're great value for the money.
              +1
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

:hi:

i think the guys ^ explained it nicely :)

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                  :hi:

i think the guys ^ explained it nicely :)
                  now don't walk away :rofl:

Comment

Hey there Ayham...thanks for the quick diagnosis. So here's what happens -

- Wheel alignment - I had a flat abt two weeks back, front tyre passenger side...and I drove for like 2-3 minutes after that, yea I know that was stupid of me. So that damaged the front right lower arm bush as well. Anyway, I replaced both the front tyres and the bushes with a mechanic in Rashidiya, recommended by a friend of mine. Since then, while driving, the steering slightly drifts towards the right, whatever the speed...now I wonder what the problem could be! While replacing the tyres, the guy did the wheel balancing as well and he dint mentioned anything abt the rims being bent.

- Power Steering Leak: Mileage is 140K. I have no idea how this happened. I had taken my car for a full wash at Emarat a couple of days back, and the guy there told me that there is some oil leak at the base. I checked the ATF and it was almost empty!

- Engine Shuddering: Well, as far as I've read in various forums, engine vibration is a recurring problem with most of the E46 engines. Initially there were very weak vibrations sometimes while idle, which wasn't much of a worry. But since the past one month, ever since the weather had gone cold, the engine vibrates heavily when I start it in the morning. It takes abt 2-3 minutes to calm down but not completely. While on D when I halt on signals, it starts vibrating again. But not always...if I drive for say over 15kms, it usually doesnt vibrate much while on D. But it is a worry cuz now, I have a feeling its getting worse.

X-Service or Falcon this weekend!

Comment

1. proper balancing and allignment required
                      2.it happens, they'll need to track the leak
                      3. many things could cose this, disa flap, injectors, sparkplugs etc... should all be checked.

good luck bro.

Comment

Hello back guys,

So I drive my baby back home today...and man, I'm in love with it all over again! This place is amazing trust me...I took it to Falcon's garage last Saturday and consulted with Akram, an extremely professional and knowledgeable guy...all he said was leave it to us and we'll take care of it! A very positive assurance to start with...so well, after examination, this is what had happened -

The wheel drift issue was cuz the front pair of lower arm brackets/bushes were badly worn out which needed to be replaced immediately. He showed me the replaced parts and ya, the rubber on the brackets was out of place. He did the wheel alignment after changing them.

Ok, now for the power steering leak...there are two pipes connected to the intake manifold below the ATF oil carrier, one is the radiator return line connected to the cooling coil, and the other is the return pipe connected to the bellows...both of them had leaks in them. Apparently it happens over the years and typically needs to be changed once in 3-4 years. So had them replaced.

And finally for the vibration issue, he just changed the spark plugs and it drives like a smoothie!

All in all, job well done! Very reasonable charges too...would definitely recommend this garage to someone looking for great service at a very affordable rates!

Oh , and by the way, I love this forum!!!

Comment

Lol, you definitely made it sound much worse in your first post :)

Glad it's over now...Now it's time for you to show up to our events!

Comment

Awesome Zaheer!!! glad to know she is runnin fine!... the guys at Falcon are great!

See you soon!
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Falcons FTW :trophy:
                              sigpic