A call to every 335i owner ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A call to every 335i owner ...

If ur car is making a strange blow off valve sound at 3,000 rpm let me knw plz...(note: leave the accelerator at 4,000 rpm while stopping)
    cuz i was at AGMC 2day and they think that it is not normal but i disagree..
    i've tested 3 335s yet and they all have the same sound..! so anyone to support me here ?:grouphug: :grouphug:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Why isn't it normal for the blow off valve to "vent"?? :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      Why isn't normal for the blow off valve to "vent"?? :rofl:
      lool dude i dunn think that the 335s got blow off valves, but the turbo should breath a bit n this thing sounds like a blow off valve. they Guys at AGMC think that it is not normal .. !!

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

I still need to see a turbo system without a pressure-release device!!!

There has to be a BOV, but the stock ones are quite-ish. That's why you think it's never been there when a loud aftermarket one is installed. Research blow off valves; atmospheric and re-circulating.

Comment

Probably re-circulating on the N54. A re-circulating BOV doesn't release the pressure out into the atmosphere. Maby that's why they told you it's not normal to hear it, because it's not .
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I still need to see a turbo system without a pressure-release device!!!

There has to be a BOV, but the stock ones are quite-ish. That's why you think it's never been there when a loud aftermarket one is installed. Research blow off valves; atmospheric and re-circulating.
            i knw man but i meant that n54s got no loud Bov( i said that the turbo must breath out ) for me a BOV is the modification, for the stock i actually dunno its proper name !! and wuts up with the sarcastic replies !! ??
            Last edited by Moe; 16-01-2009, 03:58 AM.

www.moenajati.com

Comment

I'm not sarcastic toward you bro, don't get me wrong.

I'm sarcastic to the technicians who according to my understanding, claimed there's no BOV on the N54. But now we've seen what causes the sound in your car yesterday and we know it's your turbo actuators.

Comment

I'm not sarcastic toward you bro, don't get me wrong.

I'm sarcastic to the technicians who according to my understanding, claimed there's no BOV on the N54. But now we've seen what causes the sound in your car yesterday and we know it's your turbo actuators.
                Its ok ... My appointment is on sunday, i'll take the car to get my actuators replaced and get it reprogrammed. i hope that they do it ri8 this time cuz i miss my old 335i, this actuators thingy is reducing the power of my car.. !!
                But i have to admit, i'm lovin the Sound looooool !!

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Well, there's always an aftermarket BOV waiting for you :D

Ofcourse, sound Vs. power and reliability (recirculating Vs. atmospheric)

Comment

Well, there's always an aftermarket BOV waiting for you :D

Ofcourse, sound Vs. power and reliability (recirculating Vs. atmospheric)
                    llooll placin a BOV will KILL the warranty.. !! so i'll sacrifice the sound and take my horses back :D

www.moenajati.com

Comment

good luck bro !!
                      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I have the same thing on my 335, when i release my legs from the throttle. I think its the wastegate that make mechanical weird whistle sound when I suddenly release my legs. on e92post they say a new software would solve the problem. I will change my oil in less than 10k and let them update the software and see if it will resolve the problem.
                        E92 335i /// Sparkling Graphite /// Hartge boot lip spoiler /// Hartge front lip spoiler /// O.Z Botticelli III /// Michelin PS2 /// KW V2(soon) /// H&R rear swaybar(soon)

Comment

Originally posted by CurseMan View Post
                          I have the same thing on my 335, when i release my legs from the throttle. I think its the wastegate that make mechanical weird whistle sound when I suddenly release my legs. on e92post they say a new software would solve the problem. I will change my oil in less than 10k and let them update the software and see if it will resolve the problem.
                          cool stuff...update me :D and i'll keep u updated

www.moenajati.com

Comment

I had the same issue , very funny is it's been fixed by a software update ,, I have version 32 on my car and the knock is gone totally ... try to ask BMW to update your car's software ..

Comment

sorry I forgot to mention that it's the wastegate that does this strange knock , this issue was in version 29 and they have fixed it with the later versions ... there was a turbo lag as well in version 29 ..

Comment

Working...
                              X