Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i buy these rims???

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine sadly crashed his M6, luckily he is fine.
    He is not buying another M6, and he has the original rims.
    If i buy them, he will give them to me for cheap! if not he will put an ad, and sell them for whatever they are worth.
    should i buy them? I attached pictures of an lsb m3 with M6 rims. What do you guys think?
    I just wanted to add that i was never a fan of those rims, do u guys share the same feeling?

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

I share the same feeling too, in my opinion your stock rims look much better than m6 rims..

Comment

I forgot to show you my current rims. Those rims have been painted to black and back to silver. Now i'm having issues cause the paint keeps peeling!
      Thats one reason why i'm encouraged to change my rims!
      I was actually interested in the original 19" rims, but they are nowhere to be found in Kuwait!!!
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Id still suggest you to stay with the ones you have on your car, they look better than the M6 rims, thats just my opinion. Wait for other members to give their opinions and then decide :)

Comment

OEM Rims or your current ones FTW !!!
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Was never a fan of the M6 rims, too many knock offs spoiled it even further for me !
            Plus, they don't suit your cars stance at all !

Stay with the ones youve got on. Ive always had a belief that E46M3's should never have a shallow dish rim, it should always be deep with a not too big lip .
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

OEM or ur current ones!!
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

But the issue of the paint peeling off is annoying me! And now, you can tell that they've been painted over and over! looking closer at edges or where the 3 piece look bolts are placed, the paint is just not perfect! I've tried 3 places already (recommended by enthusiasts here in Kuwait) and non are great! Thats why i've been looking for the 19" original M3 rims, but i can't find them in Kuwait!
                Would i be able to find used ones in UAE and ship here, but i'm not talking about shipping them Fedex or so! i mean land delivery with trucks etc! :) :) :) (tight budget guys)
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

You will find one :) ...but don't even think of the M6 rims :nono:
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

I've seen literally 3 other M3s here in Kuwait! i'm sure there are few others, but u barely see M3's on the street! thats why i keep getting the annoying question "is this a real M3 or modified 3 series"! :)
                    So finding used stock 19" will be difficult! i've been looking for over 5 months now! I found 2 in perfect condition, 2 front ones that is! no back rims! lol
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Pay a visit to Dubai then .... ! :D
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

Is that why i have you guys :) lol! just kidding, but if someone can help, or guide me regarding rims they found, and this land delivery, then yeah greatttttttttttt!!!

I still would like to read opinions regarding the M6 rims, please keep'em coming!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

i've seen M6 rims on M3s... they SUCK! ugliest combination you can ever go with i don't understand why people pay over $1000 for these rims while they are being sold in sharjah for 1000 dirhams a set. it's not about the price but still they don't look good on e46s. stick with the ones you have for the time being.

Comment

i also don't like M6 rims on the E46, and also keep in mind that the fronts will stick out as the offset is very aggressive (ET +12) :read:

IMO keep the ones you have until someone here finds you a set of OEM M3 rims (bruno??), or you can also get your hands on a sweet set of used 20" Kinesis :drool:

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Seems like the M6 rims are out of the question....

Can u guys keep it in mind, if sees used M3 rims, just message me the price etc.

Thanks alot!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X