brake fluid replacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake fluid replacing

My brake fluid sensor came up and i was wondering if any of you guys have any idea wether changing that requires alot of time? im planning on taking it at X service centre for the fluid change and might as well have the oil and filter changed.

Any ideas how much they charge for these as my budget is tight because im planning to buy a set of pirelli tires ill buy 2 tires if i cant buy 4 lol.

Take it to Falcons Garage in Rashidih.....they can perform the job well :)

I always take my race prepared car there :popcorn:
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

And ah sorry regarding the brake light fluid it does not indicate that it needs changing....it is an indication that ur low on brake fluid, and thats note always because you have a leak or anything, since it happens when ur brakes are old and there is not enough meat left in them.....so oil goes down the lines to compinsate that :)
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

thanks bashar, i will be calling akram when they open on sunday. i didnt know falcon's also handle those stuff. both falcons and pirelli are walking distance from my house. :)

Comment

Too true about the wornt out pads causing low fluid warnings to come up .

But, do you know when the last time your brake fluid was changed ?
          It should be changed once every 2 years as a norm.
          My advice is, change it if you can .
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

i believe that it was changed last year and so were the pads. there was an instruction where i click the odometer button and it shows when is the due date for brake fluid schedule. it says 11-08 means shoudve been done on november. anyways i checked the brake pads and they are still pretty thick, but im a noob so i cant be sure. i will bring the car at falcons by saturday and have the guys look at it.

Comment

Sounds good then.
              Good luck and keep us updated mate !
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
              X