Stone chip repair "crayon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone chip repair "crayon"

OK ghoonk, after our discussion on the other thread, let's work together on something far more important...i think you're the man to answer this one!

I have like 10 stone chips on my car. They're on the bonnet, front bumper, both front wheel arch panels and the doors. I think they were caused when that stone cracked my windscreen - i was hit by a "shower" of gravel and the results are pretty bad (i've only just noticed).

Now, while i was down at the panel shop today to get my windscreen quote, i had them take a look and they said it would require a full respray at around 7000aed. Erm, no thanks. While i'd like my car to look perfect, i'm not shelling out that sort of money when it's likely to happen again.

In the UK, i used to buy Turtle Wax Car Polish, and with it you got a "wax" crayon which you could use to fill small paintwork blemishes. Not a great fix, and certainly not a permenant one, but enough for me to be getting on with. Does anyone know if these are available in the UAE? Is there anything else which is similar?

All help appreciated!

Phil
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
    OK ghoonk, after our discussion on the other thread, let's work together on something far more important...i think you're the man to answer this one!

I have like 10 stone chips on my car. They're on the bonnet, front bumper, both front wheel arch panels and the doors. I think they were caused when that stone cracked my windscreen - i was hit by a "shower" of gravel and the results are pretty bad (i've only just noticed).

Now, while i was down at the panel shop today to get my windscreen quote, i had them take a look and they said it would require a full respray at around 7000aed. Erm, no thanks. While i'd like my car to look perfect, i'm not shelling out that sort of money when it's likely to happen again.

In the UK, i used to buy Turtle Wax Car Polish, and with it you got a "wax" crayon which you could use to fill small paintwork blemishes. Not a great fix, and certainly not a permenant one, but enough for me to be getting on with. Does anyone know if these are available in the UAE? Is there anything else which is similar?

All help appreciated!

Phil
    I know the stuff you're talking about. That's a waste of time, washes out quickly too. Head over to the dealership and ask them for touchup paint, then go to an art supply show and get the finest brush you can get your hands on. That's what I'm going to do. Anything else is a waste of time and money

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Always wondered if that's doable!!!

Comment

Doable, just not lasting. Better to buy touch-up paint, paintbrush and a steady hand.

Comment

I got a zillion paint chips on my front fender and bonnet, tooo may trips into the 300km/h zone :P.
          It would take me for ever using a paint brush to fix everyone, any other way of doing this?
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
          Schrick cams
          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
          KW Coilovers V3
          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Yes. Get a respray at ***, then get 3M ClearBra. Undo what is done, then prevent it from happening again

Comment

ghoonk i'll open a thread soon regarding paint issues :D i want ur help :)
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Sure, ask away, I'll help where I can

Comment

Working...
                X