Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this work on cars? Well, an M3 to be specific!*******

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the following item (check link)

http://www.motogadget.de/en/sureshift.html (check out the video in link)

And I was wondering if this would work on my E46 M3 SMG. Honestly, i sometimes can't tell which gear i'm on and on a turn or so the gear display is not visible! hehe! am i the only one who has this problem? Also, the item in link is a shift light, u can set it to blink once a shift in gear is required (at your max set rpm). Sounds cool!
    I emailed a different website that has the same item, and i got a response saying they are not sure if the item will work on cars.

I need an expert answer! will it work on my car or not???

Thanks!!!
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

I think it should work really . . . But, most probably on manual .

Last thing you want to do is confuse an SMG ! Or atleast piss it off !
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

But isn't it just a wire connection to detect gear change, etc. Why would it confuse the SMG or piss it off like u say? :)
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Come on guys! where are the experts? I need some support here! I've listed 3 threads, and barely got answers to any of them! :(
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
          Come on guys! where are the experts? I need some support here! I've listed 3 threads, and barely got answers to any of them! :(
          LSB, all the experts are at the Autodrome for the Grand Racing weekend, on Friday and Saturday.. you will get the reply, be patient.. :)

Comment

^^ +1
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Ok, patience reloaded :) :) :)
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Do you have an SMG transmission? if you do, don't you already see what you gear you are in on your instrument cluster? Why would you want to take your eyes off the road just to see what gear your are in, when it is right in front of you... this is just my opinion
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i think he means while on turns the instrument cluster would be obstructed by the steering wheel so he can't keep track of the gear..

no clue if it works though :dunno:

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Don't know, but you shouldn't be changing gears while turning in a corner :dunno:
                    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                      Don't know, but you shouldn't be changing gears while turning in a corner :dunno:
                      shouldnt you always know what gear you are in... u have a 1 in 6 chance...:yuhoo:
                      jokes aside, using your ear to "feel" the car especially in an M Power should be second nature... IMHO

Think before you act.

Comment

Guys, its an accessory that i happened to like. Putting aside the driving skills, I sometimes cant see the gear display, and the item is also a SHIFT LIGHT. thats why i would like to get it, a toy! :) :) :)
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

shift light sounds brilliant...i like those. just dont get the one attached to the giant tacho (rpm meter)...

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                            shift light sounds brilliant...i like those. just dont get the one attached to the giant tacho (rpm meter)...
                            No no no!!! not the giant ones!!! :)
                            Check out the video in the link, but watch it till the end, you will see the use of the shift light. The gear number blinks to tell you to shift, its pretty cool!
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

schnitzer have made something similar-replaces the shift knob. i have seen it in bmwcar so look around on the internet...maybe it works on smg also...

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                              X