E60 Differences between 2005 and 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60 Differences between 2005 and 2008

Hey guys! I was wondering if any one would know the differences between 2005 530i and a 2008 530i?

And whats hows a 530i different from a 530IA? What kinda options should a 530IA shud have?:please:

Appreciate the help!

As far as I know the "A" stands for Automatic transmission, whereas the normal 530i is steptronic..

Comment

Steptronic is a tiptronic.. rite?

Comment

hmmmm. i thought the 530i was a manual and the 530iA meant steptronic. there were no straight autos after late nineties-some1 correct me if i am wrong.

Think before you act.

Comment

Yup!! U r rite... All cars have steptronic now!

Comment

make sure u get PDC and xenon lights. u might also want a cd changer. those are the main ones-anything else is kinda pointless on a Fiver....

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by Torchd View Post
              Steptronic is a tiptronic.. rite?
              Tiptronic is Porsches' trademark/technology for manual shifting of a car with an automatic tranny where as Steptronic is BMW's trademark/technology for manual shifting of a car with an automatic tranny..

Comment

both systems make u think u have have control over the gears :lol:

Think before you act.

Comment

2005 530i comes with the old generation 231hp engine same as in the E39 530i and the E46 330i..

2008 530i has got the latest aluminium block engine (lighter) and with 258hp (in some cars 265hp?).. It also has facelift front lights with brighter angel eyes, got more modern rear lights with LEDs (noticable when they're on), different front bumper, and maybe rear bumber as well?

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

as a steptronic user, i highly recommend the BMW 6 speed auto. just dont bother with the steptronic mode-just use normal "D" or "SD" (sport) and u will be happy enough.

Think before you act.

Comment

So how can i check which engine does it have? From the engine code?

Comment

just look at the engine cover. a grey engine cover means the new engine, no cover (black) means old engine. right?

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                          2005 530i comes with the old generation 231hp engine same as in the E39 530i and the E46 330i..

2008 530i has got the latest aluminium block engine (lighter) and with 258hp (in some cars 265hp?).. It also has facelift front lights with brighter angel eyes, got more modern rear lights with LEDs (noticable when they're on), different front bumper, and maybe rear bumber as well?
                          Well said!

Originally posted by Torchd View Post
                          So how can i check which engine does it have? From the engine code?

If it’s a facelift then you have the new engine if not then it’s the old one

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                            If it’s a facelift then you have the new engine if not then it’s the old one
                            not really! the 2006 model is not facelift but it's got the new engine!

Originally posted by Wazif
                            FYI...530iA 'A' denotes all wheel drive....
                            no! in BMWs Xi means all wheel drive.. A is for "Auto" which in this case is steptronic :)

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                              no! in BMWs Xi means all wheel drive.. A is for "Auto" which in this case is steptronic :)
                              :iagree:

Comment

Working...
                              X