Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 Soft top Zipper

Hi,

My soft top plastic is torn, i'm planning to change it with a zipper one so i can remove it and replace it easily, please if anyone can refer me where to go?

introduce yourself in the introduction section... ayham knows a good shop in sharjah and can help out.

other than that welcome :hi:

Comment

u can find anything in sharjah...

Think before you act.

Comment

Hello Sumerian, kindly introduce yourself first in the New members section :)

Comment

doesnt anyone make a Z4 "conversion" top for the Z3? I mean I makes so much of sense to simply have the soft-top cover itself when closed if there isnt a hard cover as on the 330ci.... failing that, you could just leave it exposed. my manual says not to leave the soft-top in the "open" position for too long cos it might shrink!!!

Think before you act.

Comment

i think he's talking about the plastic rear window that is embeded in the soft top...no?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              i think he's talking about the plastic rear window that is embeded in the soft top...no?
              yes he is..

if your top is OEM then it has the provision to replace the rear window (zipper), whereas if it's aftermarket then it'd gonna be hard to replace it since it's most probably stitched..

some reasonable quality tops sell for $300 shipped in the US :)

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

ebbbbaaaaaay! :bow:

Comment

that plastic item on the Z3 is really bad quality-fades to opaque over time...

somebody should make a glass aftermarket replacement.

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                    that plastic item on the Z3 is really bad quality-fades to opaque over time...

somebody should make a glass aftermarket replacement.
                    you can't coz the it has to be soft to fold back in place, unlike your Z4.

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                      you can't coz the it has to be soft to fold back in place, unlike your Z4.
                      oh... i didnt know that. i read in BMWCar that Luke Wood tried to change it himself and cut his fingers up-then just paid someone to get it done. so Z3 owners, beware.

Think before you act.

Comment

You guys ain't got none to complain about, manual soft top FTMFW!!! Try having to synchronize two motors every 2 months, as well as changing tension straps while in the process.

I gave him the contact, let's hope for his feedback :) Welcome here...

Comment

Working...
                        X