Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance

Ladies + Gents

Is it just me, or is maintenance on Bimmers here in the UAE expensive... i am not referring to mods, just general maintenance on 'stock' (or close to stock) motors. I have friends with Peugeots and Ford Focus's, Prados, Nissan SUVs and Pajeros and none of them see the inside of a workshop as much as my car has...(not major stuff, just minor things here and there-which adds up to being expensive over the course of months)
    or is it that when something goes wrong, they just dont care and wait for their 5000km service next month...
    I understand my car is 2 years old already, but does everyone have the same experience?

Think before you act.

It is a high maintainance car to be honest... I think we all suffer from going to the garage more often than not! It's annoying but that's what makes our cars special... the fact that they are not perfect in anyway... they will drive us crazy and we pay a whole lot on them but we love them even more.

This is my third BMW and the one that is the most sensitive of the lot... I can't help but say she is my favorite, my wife disagrees :) hehe
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I think it's a blessing sometimes that they're high-maintenance; the best way you get to learn about them and they're very high-end engineering wise. Also, it's the perfect excuse to mod and upgrade :D Both my cars, and the late E36 325, got gutted and modded, and I will keep at it :D

But sometimes the bill hurts...However after a few clicks on the odometer it all washes away!! You'll adapt...

Comment

M cars specially cost high maintenance, I havent really taken my car to the garage alot but whenever I did, it did cost me a fortune.. I wouldnt take my car for minor repairs to the dealer, where they charge thrice more than any garages, but if theres something the garages are not able to do or its not their job, then I wouldnt mind taking it to the dealer.

M cars are worth every penny spent on them and I have no regrets :)

Comment

my gf calls my Z4 "Jeremy's other baby"!!!:rofl:

Think before you act.

Comment

lol
            its good to know i am in company regarding this. i dont think it only applies to M's either.

Think before you act.

Comment

Besides, you have the Club support now as a member. So you need to worry less ;)

Comment

yeah ayham
                i used to work in the motor industry so my last car, an Opel, was modded and it didnt feel risky. the net is reassuring.

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Besides, you have the Club support now as a member. So you need to worry less ;)
                  35% off at Central Spare Parts ! :woot:

Comment

I look at it this way:

If I'm to pay tuition fees to learn what I have come to know from experience and embarrassing situations, it'd cost me MUCH more :)

There, can't beat that logic!!

Comment

i actually enjoy maintaining my BMWs... every time i learn new stuff and the biggest lesson of all is that if you don't take care of the simple wear and tear they will hunt you down later on.

Comment

buy brand new with warranty (& maintenance contract) for peace of mind :D

the only issues i faced with my Z4M were:

a broken cup holder & a broken glove box fixed on warranty ---> cheap plastics
                        diff grinding noise fixed by changing diff oil on warranty ---> common to LSDs

but again i drove just 16,000km in 18 months so i'm not the best example..

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                          lol
                          its good to know i am in company regarding this. i dont think it only applies to M's either.
                          You are lucky! my wife thinks she is the "other" baby :rofl:
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                            You are lucky! my wife thinks she is the "other" baby :rofl:
                            LoLz :rofl:

Comment

what a cracker lol

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                              X