Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Diff Mounts/Bushes

Hey All,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some performance diff mounts/bushes in Dubai? Have a bit of an issue at the moment as there is some play in diff and it's causing a major shudder when taking off in 1st gear. I'm just having a full powerflex bush kit fitted, but I need the diff mounts/ bushes as well as a universal coupling for the prop shaft.

Thanks!
    Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

Shuddering when accelerating is primarily caused by a damaged guibo (flex disc) and driveshaft central bearing. A worn diff carrier would cause a "knock" when shifting; its intensity is proportional to the shifting ferocity.

Comment

this sounds more like a central bearing and/or joint flex...

i ordered all my parts from turnermotorsport.com since in dubai you can only find some OEM parts.

check them out for some proper heavy duty bushings instead of going with the OEM ones that won't handle your application.

Comment

the diff mount can cause some shuddering during full acceleration, but if the shifts are smooth then it's most likely something else (check bruno & ayham)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Check with TAM auto engineering!
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

U feel like the diff is gonna fall apart right ? ......if yes ...thats ur central bearing. It dies due to hard launches ....
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Shuddering when accelerating is primarily caused by a damaged guibo (flex disc) and driveshaft central bearing. A worn diff carrier would cause a "knock" when shifting; its intensity is proportional to the shifting ferocity.
              Cheers Ayham. It only occurs in 1st gear when pulling off and in reverse sometimes. Once i'm going in 1st and shifting upwards, there's no issue at all and she flies. It is a shudder and a knock to be honest, so it's probably both the mounts as well as the flex disc. The mounts I can source, but where do i get an uprated flex disc from?
              Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                this sounds more like a central bearing and/or joint flex...

i ordered all my parts from turnermotorsport.com since in dubai you can only find some OEM parts.

check them out for some proper heavy duty bushings instead of going with the OEM ones that won't handle your application.
                Hey Bruno, Thanks. I did have a look at the solid aluminium mount kit from Turner Motorsport. I am going to order them today. I have powerflex bushes being fitted at the moment as well as some rogue engineering shock mounts, so hopefully I can solve the problem. I need to check out the central bearing and the flex joint too though.

Comment

Aluminum mounts are NOT for street use. With the SMG especially, the harshness of the shifts will be transmitted up your spine and the car's chassis. It's not a pleasant feeling to hear/feel metal-to-metal impact every 5 seconds.

There are no after market guibo options, pointless :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Aluminum mounts are NOT for street use. With the SMG especially, the harshness of the shifts will be transmitted up your spine and the car's chassis. It's not a pleasant feeling to hear/feel metal-to-metal impact every 5 seconds.

There are no after market guibo options, pointless :)
                    So what's the best option :please: I've struggled to find aftermarket Diff mounts on the net. Any ideas?

Comment

Change the bushings that are REALLY under stress to after market. Here's what I did with mine: http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...9739#post19739

Comment

Working...
                      X