Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some Tech Advice!

Hey Guys,

Need a little bit of tech advice and I'm hoping someone in the club has been through the process....

I Just bought a a set of Sparco racing seats with all the necessary mounting and sliders. They should be arriving soon and I want some installation advice. i have done a faor bit of research on the net and it seems that it's not the easiest of jobs due to the airbag sensor pads? Its difficult to relocate them and if you remove them, then you obviously have no airbags and the dash warning light stays on forever! Apparently this cab be bypassed, but can you relocate the sensors? Whats the best plan?
    Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

apparently you will need to go over this link

http://www.karcraze.com/rpp.htm

i think it's all clear in there.

and on another note... your car will be sick :drool:

Comment

and try this... http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...osition&page=2

Comment

1) disconnect the battery on the car (probably have to touch the two leads together to drain the residual charge
        2) install the seat sensor on the passenger side (PN is 65776921952 from BMW) onto the bottom of the Recaro cushion
        3) plug in the sensor connector
        4) reconnect the battery
        5) start the car

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          apparently you will need to go over this link

http://www.karcraze.com/rpp.htm

i think it's all clear in there.

and on another note... your car will be sick :drool:
          Thanks Bruno....that's great :bow:
          Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            1) disconnect the battery on the car (probably have to touch the two leads together to drain the residual charge
            2) install the seat sensor on the passenger side (PN is 65776921952 from BMW) onto the bottom of the Recaro cushion
            3) plug in the sensor connector
            4) reconnect the battery
            5) start the car
            Awesome Bruno...thanks for that :bow:

Comment

Does this mean it'll be with them seats on the GRW???

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                Does this mean it'll be with them seats on the GRW???
                Hopefully mate!!! They are shipping out from the states today, so should get them late this week. Will lean on the shop to fit them asap for GRW. Also have a boost and AFR gauge with steering wheel mount coming. I'm holding thumbs!!

Comment

Working...
                X