Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW N63 engine service action (Service Bulletin B001314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW N63 engine service action (Service Bulletin B001314)

Although the info from a US based website, I'm sure the same will apply here in UAE. No harm in checking with the dealers

This is a 2-part campaign by BMW for cars with the N63 engine. It was announced on 12/29/2014 and called "N63 Customer Care Package", bulletin B001314. The highlights are:

- check the timing chain for stretch; replace if necessary
    - check the following items and replace if necessary: fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump, low pressure fuel sensor
    - change the oil service interval to 12 months/10,000 miles

Even if your car is out of warranty (ie, 5 years old and has 200k miles), it is covered by this campaign and costs the owner nothing. The dealers are instructed to call all N63 owners in their area and schedule the cars to come in for this service, pending the dealership's availability. The dealership is instructed to provide a loaner car of equal or higher class to the customer (per N63 Customer Care Package Outbound Service Script document).

More info:

On December 29th, 2014, BMW released Bulletin "B001314" or the "N63 Customer Care Package " affecting any vehicle that saw use of the 4.4-liter V-8 (N63B44O0) within the 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X5, and X6 model lines manufactured between 2008 and 2013. Dealership instructions include checking the timing chain for stretching and replacing it if necessary, replacing the fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump and low pressure fuel sensor.

The sweeping recall also extended to vehicles that had gone out of warranty, no matter how many miles were accumulated on the vehicle.

Additionally, the service interval would be shortened to nearly half, with a 12 month/10,000 mile (16,000 km) check-up instead of the long-life treatment the BMW had been maintaining up to that point, requiring a check every 2 years and 15,000 miles (25,000 km).

In June of 2013, dealerships had received a service bulletin regards to the N63 powerplant, which amended the oil capacity requirements of the engine, adding a full (1) US quart to the capacity of the motor, citing "increased oil consumption" in the twin turbo V8.

Models affected by the recall included:

F01 and F02 (7 Series Sedan)– produced from 3/2009 to 6/2012
    F04 (Active Hybrid 7)– produced from 4/2010 to 6/2012
    F07 (Gran Turismo)– produced from 9/2009 to 6/2012
    F10 (5 Series Sedan)– produced from 3/2010 to 7/2013
    F12 (6 Series Convertible)– produced from 3/2011 to 7/2012
    F13 (6 Series Coupe)– produced from 7/2011 to 7/2012
    E70 (X5)– produced from 3/2010 to 6/2013
    E71 (X6)– produced from 7/2008 to 6/2014
    E72 (ActiveHybrid X6)– produced from 9/2009 to 9/2011

The dealership bulletin was accompanied by region sales rep meetings with branch/service managers, informing of them of the forthcoming campaign, and issuing instructions to contact all owners serviced at their branches operating the N63 engine. The accompanying marketing campaign, which would be a major focus of 2015 for BMW world-wide, was intended to dampen the affect of such a wide spread recall on BMW's waining brand loyalty and customer service issues. The tactics of which could be seen in the extended efforts surrounding the recall.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

If enough people go and ask for it, I am sure they will do it for this region as well.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Lol good luck with that :) good luck getting AGMC to do /Anything/ actually >;)
      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

well i got the crankshaft bearings replaced FOC under a service bulletin for my 2004 e46 m3. This was about 3 months back.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

no worries Wazif, thx for posting it up mate, hopefully some of the guys with the N63 will get something out of the SB. :)
          Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

timing chains again...looks like they simply can't for the love of god come up with some proper ones...lots of issues with those chains on most of the diesel engines back in Europe and now i see the petrol ones start to come up being affected by the same plague, and it all started in 2008 and 6 years later it still keeps on going...
            '09 RS6 V10 BiTurbo - current
            '08 BMW 540i Mpack - sold
            '04 Audi RS6 - sold
            '01 Audi A8 D2 4.2 - sold
            '06 BMW 750Li - sold
            '05 BMW X5 4.8is Blue Le Mans - sold
            '12 Golf GTi DSG Superchips stage 1 - sold
            '11 Passat 1.8T DSG - sold
            '01 540i M-pack - sold
            '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
            '09 Porsche Cayenne - sold
            '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold
            '04 VW Phaeton - sold
            SLK 230K - sold
            E46 330i -sold
            E46 330i M-Pack - sold
            Jaguar X-type - sold

Comment

Can you check if there's any service bulletin for my E92 M3 :P
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
              X