X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 BMW E60 530i Engine leak!

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum..

I have been servicing my car at Excel Auto Workshop in Musaffah for almost a year now.
    The service advisor there have been working with AGMC for 12 years before joining them. The service is all good and the guy is very good.

Recently I took my car for a spark plug and coil replacement and found out that there were traces of oil in the old spark plugs. After some more closer look, the guy showed me there is a leak next to the engine oil filter, (He called it the vanos unit) and other places.

He advised me to change all the gaskets of the engine and he gave an estimate of AED6000/-.

When I asked him what he will be changing exactly, he told me he will change all gaskets of the engine expect for the head gasket (which is located below the head of the engine) and piston rings. Therefore he will replace all gaskets which does not involve removal of the engine head.

Guys is the price reasonable?

Please advise.

)

Oil in spark plug chamber usually is caused by two things. Either bad Piston Rings, or a worn out Valve Cover Gasket (which I suppose is the issue). Replacing both would be necessary since you're doing gasket replacement job, so better do it one time. If he's not changing the Head Cover Gasket then that quotation is ridiculous, the entire job shouldn't cost more than 3500 if you ask me.

I know someone in Sharjah with great experience who can help you out on this. Let me know if you're interested.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

change the upper gasket, lower oil pan gasket and the vanos gasket.

mind you that the vanos gasket is tricky and you dont want them to mess it up, make sure you tell him that if anything goes wrong with the vanos he will be blamed, i would make him sign on some paper if i were you

Comment

thanks guys! Will talk to him soon

Comment

Working...
        X