No announcement yet.

E46 Navigation System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Rifo..i have some info that it may help you..even my car having a Build-In GPS..but i used to replace the Control unit once couz i Jump started my car once :) and it was damaged..The GPS Control Unit (CD or DVD Rom) will cost your about 2000 AED..and you should get it from a GULF specs scrap car (it took me 1 month to find One as it is very rare)..also you should be getting the Antenna with the Antenna Module (this is alone and i dont know the Price as i didnt replaced them)...and then you should install them..guess no need to update the software as the GPS control unit will add value (software) directly when you Plug It..
    sigpic

Comment

i have a similar problem. i have my navigation device in the trunk but i cannot see the navigation option on my screen. the device seems to be working when i push the eject button it ejects the map dvd inside. i guess it is something about the connection of the device to the screen. can anybody give any idea who or where to show it? electricians or mechanics??
      E46 330CI Convertible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        he needs the device in the trunk and he needs to update the screen's program and that's it.

the device is found in any scrap yard in sharjah, while programming is done with rafik's friend
        Just for the info, the device in the trunk is called the Booster or the Control Unit, both are referred as one name

Comment

Originally posted by oceangoing View Post
          i have a similar problem. i have my navigation device in the trunk but i cannot see the navigation option on my screen. the device seems to be working when i push the eject button it ejects the map dvd inside. i guess it is something about the connection of the device to the screen. can anybody give any idea who or where to show it? electricians or mechanics??
          2 friends of mine have the exact same problem. let's see what we can do about it.

Comment

thanks Bruno, i'll appreciate if you can guide..
            E46 330CI Convertible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X