Navigation e46 330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation e46 330

now, i am really fed up with my navigation not working. i mentioned about it in another thread. the problem is i dont have the navigation option on my screen. the dvd drive is in the trunk, it ejects the dvd when i push the button. but the small light on the left bottom which is supposed to be on doesnt blink.

i am eager to solve this problem :D

i checked the dvd unit on ebay. there are some affordable units on sale. but those units are MK3, MK2 or MK4. i have no idea what that MK is. so i put on hold the purchasing option for sometime until i am sure what is i really need.

now, i need the help and advice of you guys.

should i take the car to a check up first and find out what really is the problem with the navigation unit? (maybe it is something simple that could be fixed easily)

should i buy one of those units on ebay? if yes, then which is the one i need to go for? MK2, 3 or 4?

if i am to purchase a second hand unit, does it have to be from a gulf spec car? my car is gulf specs and somewhere in the forum a guy had said that the second hand unit should be from a gulf spec car.
    E46 330CI Convertible
    sigpic

Id suggest you to give it a shot taking the car to some Navigation expert if you know, or else the dealer. Tell them only check what's the fault and inform you, won't cost you much for a minor check up I guess. You'll know if the problem is from the DVD-Drive or the Navigation DVD itself.
    You could also ask them what DVD-Drive is installed currently and then let us know, we can help you find it online or in Sharjah, not to worry much.
    The info based on stock Navigation systems is very limited online.

Comment

What model year is your car... on my previous car, 2003 330i, I believe the unit was a MKII or MKIII, basically the one just before they went from CD to DVD based maps

Maybe there is a loose connection somewhere.... I would talk to Bruno or somebody else who can get their hands on second hand units for you and knows how to fix the problems with your nav unit
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

it is a 2002..
        E46 330CI Convertible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X