Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Vision for 2008 650i

Dear friends,

Even though it has no effect on the driving or performance of the car, it is still annoying to hear the warning sound on every turn.

The Night Vision error was coming from time to time also when i purchased the car 1 year back. However now it seems it is there permenantly.
    I have went to ADM and they asked almost 40% of the total car value to fix it :?:@:scared:

I googled it on internet to figure out how much would it cost. Only the spare part itself costs around 3000Euros.

So is there anyone here faced with similar problem? or is there any other garage which can work it?

Thanks in advance.

Yavuz

What are you facing if I may ask ? I've never heard of a faulty night vision system.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I haven't herd of this before, but there must be a way to disable it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, how old is your battery? There is a moth/year stamp on the battery.

This might sound unrelated but dying batteries and alternators can cause havoc in most modern cars.

- - - - - - - - - -

You can always get it checked at Octane. They are a sponsor here.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
        What are you facing if I may ask ? I've never heard of a faulty night vision system.
        When i first got the car, it was not giving failure msg permenantly. but it reflecting please wait for long time when i wanted to activate it. from time to time it was giving error.

Now it is giving error all the time.. after having please wait i get no vision but some view like not found channel on tvs.

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
        I haven't herd of this before, but there must be a way to disable it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, how old is your battery? There is a moth/year stamp on the battery.

This might sound unrelated but dying batteries and alternators can cause havoc in most modern cars.

- - - - - - - - - -

You can always get it checked at Octane. They are a sponsor here.
        That i had read on the internet also. But the result of battery test was fine at the last service in ADM.
        I have seen "replaced battery with registering battery" at history of vehicle service. So i assume it was replaced on 2013 but i will check. i can send screenshots later about the problem.

Octane is located in dubai i think.. any contact person there?

Comment

Originally posted by yavuzyati View Post
          When i first got the car, it was not giving failure msg permenantly. but it reflecting please wait for long time when i wanted to activate it. from time to time it was giving error.

Now it is giving error all the time.. after having please wait i get no vision but some view like not found channel on tvs.

That i had read on the internet also. But the result of battery test was fine at the last service in ADM.
          I have seen "replaced battery with registering battery" at history of vehicle service. So i assume it was replaced on 2013 but i will check. i can send screenshots later about the problem.

Octane is located in dubai i think.. any contact person there?

I think you will just better off de-activating the night vision. Unless, you must have it.
          [MENTION=395]shak[/MENTION] is the go to person at Octane.

Good Luck
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
          X