Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing MP3s in CDC

Hello all,
    Forgive me if this has been asked before.
    I can't seem to be able to play MP3 CDs on my CD Changer in my E60. They work in the front loading drive but not the CDC. I used to be able to play MP3 CDs in my E90 in both the front loader and the CDC so I'm a but puzzled as to why the E60 doesn't have that ability (unless there's something I need to do)
    BMW 530iA - 2009 Model (Black with brown interior)
    BMW 320i - 2006 Model (White with black interior) [SOLD]

MP3 CDs will not work in the 6 disc changer, its normal in the E60.
    They will work in the single slot in CD player in the dash as you discovered and also the Nav DVD slot..if you have navigation with a Nav DVD slot then you can burn an MP3 DVD (4+GB) and play them from the Navigation slot which should give you more than 6 MP3 CDs worth you would get in the changer.

If you need MP3's on a long journey that requires navigation it's possible. First insert the Nav DVD and enter the route, once it's calculated you can then eject the nav DVD, enter the MP3 DVD and have MP3 along with Navigation (the entire route is calculated and cached so the DVD is no longer needed, just don't deviate from your route otherwise it will ask for the Nav DVD).

Comment

Hmmm... Strange that a feature like this (quite basic honestly) doesn't exist in such a sophisticated and electronic car! You can't have everything I suppose :thanks:

I like the idea of burning an MP3 DVD. I hadn't thought of that to be honest and will definitley give it a shot.

Thanks mate
      BMW 530iA - 2009 Model (Black with brown interior)
      BMW 320i - 2006 Model (White with black interior) [SOLD]

Comment

Anytime bro :)

Comment

Working...
        X