X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iDrive on E90 2006 330i

Hello everyone,
    I own a 330i e90 2006
    It has the very basic iDrive with the one button(MENU) with the small screen. Maps on this is pretty old (arrows) and it has the old iDrive.
    I have found a larger screen sparepart though, which has the newer iDrive on it. I found it on eBay and it is saying it works with 330i e90.
    I want to ask if this actually works and not a waste of money.
    P.S. My car is gcc spec.
    Last edited by danielbitar; 20-05-2014, 11:21 PM. Reason: title

first of all , please introduce yourself to the club through the following link

New Members Introduction

answering your question : the item you see on ebay will work if it is installed by professional people , it worth every dirham spent on this upgrade but you have to put in mind that you will end up paying at least double the price of what you see on ebay to make this upgrade works on your car . usually such project costs around 8 to 9K AED depending on the center console trim finishing in your car ( for example wooden trim is more expensive than basic black plastic finishing ) .

many people have done it , even the latest Idrive ( 2014 with touch Idrive controller ) is also available for your car but that one cost a leg and arm these days .

good luck with this project

Comment

Haha,thanks for answering my question.. really I didn't know the new iDrive would work.. I actually just want the bigger screen as it has the newer software and better navigation. Plus the car would look so much better on the interior.
      One more question please, do you know any specific place/garage where I can do this? Thank you,

Comment

I don't really have any name in my mind . (Y)

Comment

Working...
        X