Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Audio Interface Retrofit for Accessory Control Menu

Hi guys,

I'm writing in cuz AGMC could not do anything with my request. I basically drive a 2006 630i coupe. I'm looking to remove the CD changer and integrate a HARD Drive which has all my music. I want this to run through the iDrive and to be able to control the flow of music, scan the directories and so on.

I've done some research and this is what I found. Anyone know or have further details on this product?

USB interface for Accessory Control Menu
    Enables drivers to connect USB storage devices including hard drives, mobile phones, card readers, MP3 players and cameras to their car's entertainment system, and play back all common video, image and audio formats. For maximum ease of use, it is operated from the Accessory Control Menu via the iDrive controller.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc....html?cat=1004

I also found a RETROFIT which from this website should work. But NO ONE at AGMC is willing to look at it seriously. Check this site also and tell me if u guys have any suggestions.

http://bmwfans.info/original/E63/Cou...5/ill-65_1655/

Richard
    Last edited by BMW_630i; 03-09-2008, 09:45 PM.

:hi: welcome to our forums

petrolhead where are you? we need your help here :)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thanks Haissam. I'm really tearing my head out with the way AGMC has handled this. Its quite pathetic that they can only offer limited servicing and basic stuff. Nothing advanced.

Hope to get some positive feedback from the forum

Comment

first link is broken :dunno: doesn't work for me..

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...unication.html

Comment

It isn't going to be easy to install the ACM kit, a lot of work is needed, you need to remove the trim, center console, gear lever, iDrive... among other things

If all you are interested in is music I would recommend going the iPod route. I bought the BMW Most iPod Kit and it replaces the CD Changer. All controls from the steering wheel and iDrive screen. Or you can look at the Dension Gateway 500, it does music and I think also video

I have the installation manuals for the ACM and USB retrofit kits, but the site isn't letting me upload them, I can email them if you want them
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Welcome Aboard !! A decent introduction wudnt harm my friend :)

Comment

Thanks Petrolhead for the advise. I dont really want to go the iPod way :)

Please send me an email with the manuals for the ACM and USB retrofit kits and I'll get AGMC to install it for me. To be honest, AGMC have not shown the technical knowledge to do this job and it does worry me. They just blatantly rejected the notion stating that this was ONLY applicable to 08 models.

Comment

Hi Ssense....quite new to this forum an never been a big internet/online kinda guy.....more sports an music rather....so dont know what introduction is apt....

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_630i View Post
                    Hi Ssense....quite new to this forum an never been a big internet/online kinda guy.....more sports an music rather....so dont know what introduction is apt....
                    No worries dude if you dont know, take it easy :)
                    We're proud and happy to have you here, i was just trying to talk rules of this forum, didnt mean to offend or hurt you :nono:

Comment

Not offended at all mate. Just didnt know what to say to introduce myself other than perhaps I work in Public Relations in Dubai, drive a 630i '06 model, play guitar an lead a band, ball on the weekends.....normal stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_630i View Post
                        Not offended at all mate. Just didnt know what to say to introduce myself other than perhaps I work in Public Relations in Dubai, drive a 630i '06 model, play guitar an lead a band, ball on the weekends.....normal stuff....
                        oK, the same thing you said above, you cudve put that into the 'New Memers Introduction' section, thats what I meant :)
                        BTW, just for our reference, where did you hear about BMWCLUBUAE ?
                        Also, cud you pls post some pics of your car cuz
                        :pics:

Comment

sure thing....need to get some pics taken.....but wanna get the ACM and USB retrofit done.....an contemplatin if West Coast in Dubai can do the lambo doors......just thinkin bout it.....not too sure.....anyone with experience with lambo doors.....

Comment

This is how it might look like

Not too sure if it'd look good, i think Lambo doors suit either Lamborghini's or Civics, unless you have a Hamann kit on your 630i to get the Lambo doors look good.

Comment

i have lambo doors on my 06 toyota corola altis haha! looks rice though.

Used my lambo doors for 2 years. hardest part is closing the door. you need to reach the doors way up in the sky in order to close it :) its a good workout to tone your muscle (only the left arm) :yuhoo:
                              Last edited by ernest; 04-09-2008, 10:11 AM.
                              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Working...
                              X