Bmw E39 Siemens BitII phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw E39 Siemens BitII phone

Hi everyone, im new here and thats my first post and hope someone would be able to help me. I just got my bmw 530 2003 a couple days ago, its german. I changed the phone batteries and changed its language from german to english, and all what it shows is please insert sim card!! i tried putting my sim card in the CC sized card and in the eject box where it is designed to put the sim card in, and unfortunately nothing happens. i really dunno what to do with it as its driving me crazy, and i would really appreciate any help from you guys.
    Currently im in lebanon and using a lebanese sim card but i guess if someone is using it normally in UAE then it should work fine here too (i also tried a Saudi sim card to work as roaming but it didnt work too)

Any ideas?? Thanks

What sim card did you insert ? The SIM card has to be intact, meaning its the large size SIM card, the one that you usually remove the small piece from and insert it to your phone. The complete SIM set that your car needs is the same size as standard credit cards.

Basically, when you receive the SIM, do not remove it from the plastic card, but insert it as it is.

Comment

yea i put the small sim card into the credit sized card and slipped it in the eject box and it didnt work... i tried a lebanese and a saudi sim card, non worked unfortunately. could the eject box be malfunctioning??

Comment

I've had this problem with my M3 using a Du SIM (full size). It would work erratically, after investigating it turned out to be the card itself was half a millimeter or so thinner than ideal thickness. Got it replaced and it works like a charm for the past 6 months now. Could be as simple as that.

Comment

lol this sounds interesting!! but how could i know if its the right size or not, cuz actually the previous owner told me that it was working normally in germany and just dunno what happened here :P

Comment

Working...
          X