E46 passenger side occupancy detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 passenger side occupancy detector

Has anyone tried the occupancy seat detector bypass installation . Check the link below.

http://www.bimtronics.com/index.html

Doing a google would provide you with other options as well but this one seems to be easier with installation guide and so on. Some feedback please. If there is something similar available that is tried and tested, please let me know.

I dont want to go for the replacement of sensor cuz it costs almost twice with labour and requires more time and effort. Is there any other way to sort out this issue.

Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers

30 odd views but no reply :)

ok to rephrase my question .... the air bag light on the dash for my 99 323i sedan is on .... a quick check reveals the 'passenger occupancy detector' error.
    suggestions or help anyone??

Comment

check with anyone in abu dhabi who can diagnosit it with GT1 or any tool and then he can de-activate the error (error code remover).
      other guys ll shre their inputs soon :)

BTW: airbag error not related to the passenger seat occupancy error, am i right?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

This is what the scanner says... N I think it is somehow related as the occupancy detector dictates whether the airbag is to deployed or not in case if an accident ... I've heard the circuit can be reprogrammed to ignore this detector assuming that the seat is always occupied but don't know how or using what... Btw know anyone in Abu dhabi with gt1 tool? Or I guess I have to finally visit X

Comment

I think we have a spare detector at the shop....Pass by if you can.

Comment

Sure will. Since I am in Abu dhabi wud it be possible if I come Saturday morning?? Or is it ur day off. Secondly, if the detector needs changing any idea how long would it take. Thanks

Comment

We're open on Saturday, 9 to 6. The sensor will need the leather to be removed, cutting clips, replacing the detector, then reversing. It would need to be replaced in an upholstery shop because they have the clips...You can take the detector with you if you like or pick the car end of day. Hopefully the detector still works, I'm not sure.

Comment

Thank you for the help Ayham. Really appreciate it. I have ordered the bypass module from the site link in in Post # 1 above. Will definitely call and set up an appointment the moment i get it for installation.
                Secondly, I bought the car imported from Japan six months ago and its around 75k driven now. Already changed things include rear discs and front bushings (both bought from agency) plus bmw engine oil. dont remember the exact number for the oil. was thinking maybe for an overall service kind of thing incl. transmission & differential oil checks. any suggestions?

Comment

Will hook you up buddy...Let's see the car when you get the module and we'll take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                    check with anyone in abu dhabi who can diagnosit it with GT1 or any tool and then he can de-activate the error (error code remover).
                    other guys ll shre their inputs soon :)

BTW: airbag error not related to the passenger seat occupancy error, am i right?
                    The passenger seat occupacy matt is related to the airbag system!
                    The passenger air bag will only deploy when the passenge seat is ocupied hence seat ocupancy mat!
                    So it would be pointless and illagal to bypass the passenger ocupancy mat.
                    Depending on how you bypass the ocupancy mat the passenger air bag will deploy without a passenger and virse versa!

So stay away from by passing airbag systems with after market circuits and resistors not worth playing with peoples lives!

hope this explains why cars have air bags!
                    Last edited by Shak; 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Shak. In my opinion what the bypass circuit does is to give a signal showing that the passenge seaT is always occupied. So in case of an accident the passenger air bag will deploy whether someone is sitting on the passenger seat or not. So How it becomes playing with lives is beyond me. Care to explain please... As I'm sure you have better technical know how than me... If my understanding is wrong I'll definitely try to cancel the order...

Comment

Originally posted by sidd323 View Post
                        Shak. In my opinion what the bypass circuit does is to give a signal showing that the passenge seaT is always occupied. So in case of an accident the passenger air bag will deploy whether someone is sitting on the passenger seat or not. So How it becomes playing with lives is beyond me. Care to explain please... As I'm sure you have better technical know how than me... If my understanding is wrong I'll definitely try to cancel the order...
                        What I said is that some circuits will trigger the airbag regardless of the passenger seat being ocupied or not ? double check and check again that the bypass circuit you are buying is active all the time!
                        I am saying this cuz I get cars everyday at the X Centre were people have by passed drivers airbags with resitors and so on pure stupidity!
                        As long as ur circuit comes with a disclamer to say that the passenger airbag will deploy ur fine!
                        Bro I will get you a ocupancy mat!I have two e46 at the X for spare's!
                        Hope this explains!
                        Last edited by Shak; 01-06-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

can you do me a favour and check the link in the first post of this topic. wouuld appreciate ur advice. Thanks in advance

Comment

N can I get ur number pls. Will give u call in the morning to discuss indetail. Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by sidd323 View Post
                              can you do me a favour and check the link in the first post of this topic. wouuld appreciate ur advice. Thanks in advance
                              This is there statement!
                              www.BimTronics.com are not affiliated in any way with BMW, This is not a product of BMW, it is a product that fits BMW. As this is just a fix to the airbag light, we cannot take any responsibility for any damages to your car or responsibility of any legal issues that may arise from installing the Seat Occupancy Simulator.

Drop me a call tomoz **********

Comment

Working...
                              X