Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help required in Abu dhabi - navigation

Good afternoon all.
    Recently purchased a 1999 323i sedan which was imported from japan last year. The car has the navigation unit installed, with a Japanese DVD n maps in it. The overall menu of the display screen is in English, but the whole navigation setup is in Japanese, menus n everything.
    Question: is it possible to convert it to the GCC navigation? Preferably in Abu dhabi!!
    Secondly, can someone direct me to the best BMW workshop in Abu dhabi. I know abt Xdrive in Dubai but do we have something in abu dhabi?
    Cheers n keep up the good work.
    Last edited by sidd323; 23-03-2011, 11:00 AM.

welcome to the club Sidd323
    mmmm...im sure the ppl will share their inputs regarding the navigation issue, for me i think if u use the middle east DVD navigation the whole system ll be changed accordingly.
    what kind of workshop u r looking for? bodyshop or mechanical?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

forget about navigation ,, it will cost you a price of another car to have it working in UAE ...

Comment

then used to deal with it without navigation and buy good garmin one :)

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

@eoudeh .... thanks
          well ... i've tried a local bmw dvd on the drive but the screen goes blank ... one of the people in abu dhabi who does electronic checks for cars told me that it would require reprogramming... watever that means :)
          As for workshop, i'm just looking for someone who knows what he is doing when it comes to bmw's. I know about Xdrive in dubai ... something similar or close .... the airbag light turned on recently giving an error for the sensor in the driver seat .... may need to change that.
          By the way the car has this smaller screen ... business screen or watever it is called ... not the 7" screen . main menu gives you the option for navigation, tv and computer. TV works fine ... so does the options contained in the computer menu ... navi works fine with the japanese DVD. but goes blank if you use a local DVD.

Comment

@ehsaan ... surely cant be that expensive ... .i was thinking ... what if i can get a local navi unit installed in place of the current one ....
            care to elaborate??
            thnx

Comment

actually there is an after market solution ,

http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-3-E46-Car-GP...#ht_4207wt_905

I've seen it in Deira ,, offcourse it's chineese ,but still have all the nice potions ..

Comment

or try this...
                http://www.bimmian.com/46/GPS/

Comment

wouldn't it make the 6 cd changer in the boot useless? ... along with the original navi unit ....

any suggestions for the workshop in abu dhabi?

Comment

there is one (al nakheel al akhdar), after mussafah bridge go strait and b4 the signal turn right...it ll be in that location.

Comment

righto ... thnx will check it out

Comment

Hi Sidd323,

you need to buy Mk2 Nav including the wiring it will cost you and at the end of the day its not useful GPS.

my suggesting. forget about it because even if you buy china DVD you will need to plug the wiring from the front to the trunk because your adapter in rear near the Video module.if your car not coming with front screen that will be more easy because the connection of the china navi in front. but you had original screen so the connector will be in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfbimmer View Post
                          Hi Sidd323,

you need to buy Mk2 Nav including the wiring it will cost you and at the end of the day its not useful GPS.

my suggesting. forget about it because even if you buy china DVD you will need to plug the wiring from the front to the trunk because your adapter in rear near the Video module.if your car not coming with front screen that will be more easy because the connection of the china navi in front. but you had original screen so the connector will be in the trunk.
                          FYI , Chinese units doesn't require to run any wires from front to the back of the car .. :woot:

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                            FYI , Chinese units doesn't require to run any wires from front to the back of the car .. :woot:
                            Dear ehssan

It will require if u have orginal screen. i have fix many of them

Because the orginal screen connect with 2cable from the video module one
                            And if he have orginal radio he will have another connector from the radio tuner and thats what chainees use for there screen

Comment

already forgotten ... thanks for the help though

Comment

Working...
                              X