Bluetooth problems with Sony Ericsson mobile solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth problems with Sony Ericsson mobile solved

Having a problem here - I set up the BT connection no problem, then it worked for a week, now after the 'PAIRING SUCCESSFUL' alert, the display just goes back to 'ACTIVATE PHONE'. The handset will find the BMW and accept the passkey, but won't create an active connection.

Could be a compatibility problem with my SE Satio??

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by BigLion; 17-09-2010, 10:07 PM.

i think its normal and sometimes happened, just remove the BMW bluetooth pairing from ur SE then pair it again, it should work

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
      Having a problem here - I set up the BT connection no problem, then it worked for a week, now after the 'PAIRING SUCCESSFUL' alert, the display just goes back to 'ACTIVATE PHONE'. The handset will find the BMW and accept the passkey, but won't create an active connection.

Could be a compatibility problem with my SE Satio??

Thanks for any advice
      Have you tried a different mobile ? it looks like software issue.
      How many user's are there in the BT menu ?
      You might need to re-load the latest ULF software for your car.
      Drop me a call 0504509756

Shak

Comment

Some bizarre suggestions around...

Try taking out the battery from your mobile and restarting phone.

Before you assume it is the ULF module you can also....

1. See suggested step above.
        2. Remove bluetooth connection from phone and re-establish.
        3. Remove negative cable from car battery, touch negative car cable to positive and then reconnect to battery.

Bzzzzzzz!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
          Some bizarre suggestions around...

Try taking out the battery from your mobile and restarting phone.

Before you assume it is the ULF module you can also....

1. See suggested step above.
          2. Remove bluetooth connection from phone and re-establish.
          3. Remove negative cable from car battery, touch negative car cable to positive and then reconnect to battery.

Bzzzzzzz!!!!
          Its called trying to help you ? nothing bizzare about that is there?

Comment

Nope - I just cribbed these off the 'net... don't think I would risk shorting the battery in the hope of fixing a Bluetooth device... not being assy and I appreciate any help, just seems a bit unlikely to work

It's still wonky - I connected my wife's phone last night (LG Viewty) with no problems except it didn't transfer the phone book - does that mean that there is more than 4 phones that have been paired? & is there any way to reset it??

Comment

I think you can delete all previous paired devices from the head unit, then pair your mobile as wll as ur wify one again, I faced so many times and I did it, its work now without any issue.

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Aha... this sounds like the gravy - how do you delete the previous pairings? The menu system is pretty limited, specially for the phone.

Comment

do u have the car owner's manual?

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Is you don't. You can always download it from the BMW USA web site.
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

:reading:

The very last words in the manual...

Deleting Devices

The paired Bluetooth TM mobile phones can only be deleted as a single group from the ULF control module.

The pairing procedure must first be activated, and then the send/receive button on the installed eject-box or the pairing button located at the rear of the center console must again be depressed for an additional 10 seconds after the “Bluetooth Pairing” message is displayed on the radio in order to clear the list of paired devices from the control module and the message “paired devices deleted” is displayed.
                      I'm gonna try it
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well, that didn't work :(

What happened was, the car said 'Bluetooth Pairing' then you hold down the 'talk' button for 10 seconds, there's three LOUD beeps and the display says 'Devices deleted'

... and the CD player stopped working :laughhard:

Seriously, there was no function at all, just a faint static noise like it was waiting for a voice command. Anyway, I paired the phone back up to which the mobile said 'Found BMW70***' then I entered the passkey on the mobile and the car screen said 'Pairing successful' and about 2 seconds later, Activate Phone'. The phone said 'Cannot connect to BMW70***'

I was not pleased.

So I went back to Google on the mobile and as it turned out, people were having problems connecting SE Satios to their PCs - they could create a pairing but not connect, so I shoved the mobile on to the USB and updated the phone OS (they had a BT patch for the phone in April 2010), and after 45 minutes, at about 2:00am, got the mutha working!

Now it will autodetect and share the phonebook. Life is good!!

Comment

woooooow...thats amazing news that its finally solved :D
                          enjoy bluetooth life :)

Comment

Hands free, baby - doin' it on the highway!! :D

(stoopid phone!!)

Comment

One week gone and still connecting - I might hazzard to say

"Mishun Akumplished"

- I was trying to change the title of this thread to say 'solved', but I can't!

:support:

Comment

Working...
                              X