Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a vry good electrician

hey everyone,

I just finished installing an M3 engine into a 328 convertible, the engine wirings are the M3s but the inside wiring of the car are the 328s. naw the car wrks but after spending a lot of time trying to get to start, nd its nt as powerful as before everything in the engine is new plus i changed the prop shaft, the deff, the gear. Then i took it to a lot of electricians in mussafah nd no one could solve it sme say its the immobilizer (ews) nd sme say that this model of cars didnt cme with an (EWS) both cars r 1995 mod. so i really need a good electrician who could solve this problem or any advise.

PS: the old computer 402 would not start the car, the 328 did but it takes time, the 413 starts quickly but the power decreases even more.

Tnx

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

3.0? 3.2? Did you code? Euro? Which fuel pump are you running? Do you know the MAF sensor to be working fine for a fact? O2 sensors, are they from the M52 or the "S" motor?

If you can describe the performance woes you have, it would help..
    Last edited by Ayham; 31-08-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I hope this issue gets resolved soon, keep us updated..

But once youre done, let me know if swapping engines is better or was simply buying another M3 an easier choice.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
        I hope this issue gets resolved soon, keep us updated..

But once youre done, let me know if swapping engines is better or was simply buying another M3 an easier choice.. :)
        :lol:

Good luck with the conversion mate.

My suggestion is to take it to Das Autoworks and have Ayham pour some love into that ///M3 engine.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

i think he bought a 328 and dropped in it his US M3 motor... if i'm not mistaken it was an Automatic too?

Comment

As ayham said , please give us more info ?

Because u mention (402 and 413) ECUs so I guess u have either S50 3.0 or S52 3.2 US engine

Have u done a propper OBDII to OBDI conversion to that engine ???

(402 ) Ecu is for non vanos Engines M50 engine _ so it won't start ur engine at all
            (413) Ecu Is the newer ECU for single vanos M50 engine

If u are swapping S52 3.2 u should either go with full 328 wiring and EWS stuff and that will work
            Or u convert it to OBDI so u will be abel to run that (413) Ecu

If ur engine is S52 3.2 US and u have done what I mention above , I guess u stick with its poor intake and that's why no performance noticed so u will need to do an M50 intake

If u have the Euro S50 3.0 or 3.2 dual vanos and multi throttles then forget what I mention above
            That would be something els , please confirm which engine it is

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I was keeping this troubleshoot to when he'd give us more info about the swap :)

There you go, you're covered. Swaps + Musaffah = not really.

Comment

Man the engine is a 3.0 US the fuel pump is the 328s even tho i got the M3s but was told that they r the same, the MAF sensor just got bust recently goin to sharajah tomorrow to buy one. nd Ayham heard u got a garage tell were u r located, cause i think its much better if pass by nd ill show u the car or give ur cell No.

PS: its much better to buy a new one i did wat i did because i loved my old M3 nd couldnt let go, which i crashed btw.

Comment

ohhh yeah wenever i start it a strong smell of petrol comes out

Comment

M3 fuel pump is a 5-bar pressure pump. Non-M3 pumps are 3 bar. Start there.

My number is 0506527722. Call me when you want to pass by the chop shop. :) Do us all a favor and stop working on the car with incompetent people.
                    Last edited by Ayham; 31-08-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X