a question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a question ?

sry i havnt been around for a while ! but my car was bonded by shj police for a month =.= and i got it back about 3 weeks ago, my question is how do i perform the gauge test in my 2001 e46 ?
    coz when i got it back from that hell , every thing was ....... fine except for a couple of things ! the temperature gauge Lights wont work ! the gauge it self is fine and other lights in the gauge cluster r fine.
    earlier the light would ignite like after 20-30 mins of driving but now it wont at all
    and the driver windows makes this ugly squeaking noise when i open it or close it and it rolls up and down pretty slow sometimes.
    appreciate ur help guys

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Your lifter is probably gone, could grease it and see what that does.

As for the temperature reading, considering it was already problematic, probably getting a new display from the scrap yard. But they'd sell the full cluster. I probably got the problem wrong.

Comment

sry if i complicated the thing with my explanation , but it wasnt actually already problematic ! only after i got my car back like 3 weeks ago when ever i turn the lights knob the whole cluster is ON except for the temp light ! 20 mins later ! it starts binking and it comes on pretty fine for the rest of the night ! it kept doing that for about 2 weeks ! but now it doesnt come ON at all

and dear president do u think doing the gauge cluster test would fix it ? like a "REFRESH" for this weird issue XD
      and how do i do it ? trying wont harm i guess

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
        sry if i complicated the thing with my explanation , but it wasnt actually already problematic ! only after i got my car back like 3 weeks ago when ever i turn the lights knob the whole cluster is ON except for the temp light ! 20 mins later ! it starts binking and it comes on pretty fine for the rest of the night ! it kept doing that for about 2 weeks ! but now it doesnt come ON at all

and dear president do u think doing the gauge cluster test would fix it ? like a "REFRESH" for this weird issue XD
        and how do i do it ? trying wont harm i guess
        Hi mate,
        A cluster reset should fix the glitch, look up hidden obd codes section.

You need to unlock the cluster and then do a reset!

If this fails then recode the cluster!

These two options will only work if there were no problems before!

Comment

^^ Beat me to it...

RedX, pass by Das Autoworks or X Service, we should be able to help you out.

Comment

great , thx alot guys ! i will try to find those OBD codes but wish u could guide me where to find them :D

and if i failed i will pass by one of u guys

one more thing , where can i grease my lifter ?

Comment

You've got to take off your door panel/card and then the weather protection. You'll see a set of reels and a cable. Grease that and the rails the entire mechanism travels up and down on. Make sure you seal everything back up. And careful when disassembling the door, they can be pita sometimes!!
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

ty bro !

Comment

Working...
                X