Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Recognition

Hello All,

Since joining all i have been doing is asking questions. Really appreciate everyones efforts.

Here is another, the voice recongnition in my b5 is not working so well. I beleive its my english - USA. Any way to change this?

Thanks

Manny

Originally posted by Manny Xidias View Post
    Hello All,

Since joining all i have been doing is asking questions. Really appreciate everyones efforts.

Here is another, the voice recongnition in my b5 is not working so well. I beleive its my english - USA. Any way to change this?

Thanks

Manny
    Hi bro,

Try shaking your head side to side when talking !!! (just joking bro )

It seems like you have a microphone problem!

There is a test you can do with a GT1 wich will check the level of audio being recieved from the microphone! (If I remember right you can teach your own voice ! let me double check)

Shak

Comment

That would be interesting to observe...

Comment

More info ?

The system requires no lengthy voice recognition protocol and responds to a simple series of set voice commands that are not sensitive to the accent or dialect of the speaker.

The voice control is a finite speech dialogue system, which follows a predefined structure. The voice commands are entered by the user from a fixed vocabulary and are passed on to the car telephone or navigation system via the telephone interface.

The system gives acoustic feedback on everything recognised. Faulty operation or error recognition can easily be corrected by simply repeating the desired command.

The voice recogniser is very resistant to stationary environmental noise, employing extensive noise reduction algorithms for high efficiency recognition.

The size of the non-speaker-dependent vocabulary includes around 30 words, including numbers and commands. Spoken sequences of commands of up to five words and columns of numbers can be recognised with a high degree of accuracy.

It is possible to re-teach the voice recogniser but its not feasible?

Comment

Hi Manny!

The voice recognition might not recognise your commands due to noise. For example, the windows are down, or the AC fan is running at a high speed.

Hope this helps.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

looooool @ Shak!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
            X