Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard lighting.

Hello all,

I have a problem with the dashboard dimmer adjuster. The thing that controls the brightness and the strength of the light on the dashboard. It's always at minimum even when i adjust it to maximum. Ideas?

Thanks alot

:thanks:

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

The adjuster wheel's probably busted on the inside. It's easier to replace it, and it should'nt cost much.
    Simple replacement procedure as well.
    On the E36, you have to remove the bottom cover, push it out, unplug the old unit, plug in the new one, push it back in. That could be the case on the E46 as well.

Good luck !
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

check if there any any blown fuses or your worst nightmare LCM

Amer the LCM costs 1250 dirhams on an e46 it must be recoded and you cant use a used LCM. and i don't think ou can replace the wheel alone. the LCM works an ECU good luck

Comment

as bruno said , it's one piece of light switch - light adjusters and LCM ,,,

as far as I know , if the adjuster wheel is not working , you need to buy a second hand one and have it coded ,

I've checked it on ebay for you .. avarage price for these stuff is $ 60 but there is few things different in each one for example with Xenon or without or with auto light or not , so get ready to pay about 300 dirhams for a used one from SHJ ..

good luck and sorry to hear that ..
        Last edited by Ehssan; 25-02-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

I have 2 used lcm one american spec and euro. But u won't be able to code a used item. I'm afraid u r only left with getting a brand new that's if ur problem was ur current lcm not working well. .

The lcm also stores the mileague and will trigger a red dot on ur dash if u use a used item. However, I would recommend u try out a used item just to see if it ur that is causing the error or no
          Last edited by Ehssan; 25-02-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot guys for the feedback, around a month later, i removed a fuse from the glovebox and inserted in the place of the fuse that operates the fog lights since that was burnt out. I thought the fuse i removed was not used for anything (a spare fuse). It happened since then. I just remembered that... I hope the LCM is not the problem!! I would live with a dim light if it costs 1250 dhs! hehe....

Thanks again guys for the feedback!! On my head all of you :D
            Last edited by Ehssan; 25-02-2014, 08:05 PM.

Past Ride: E39 530i
            Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
            Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Working...
            X