Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FM radio Station tuning

Hi Guys

The fm radio on my Idrive system only tunes to odd numbered stations, anyone know how I can enable it to tune to even numbered stations?

by the way my car is a US Import.

Thx

Jav

im afraid nothing can be done to that dude:( unless u change the whole radio system u wont be able to tune even numbers....my .2$ opinion
    If im wrong someone will surely let u know how to deal with that!!
    good luck!
    sigpic

Comment

Contact Shak in the X service centre ,, I remember you mentioned your car was US specs ,, Shak can simply recode your car in a couple of minutes to be able to get the local FM channels .. piece of cake job ... good luck ..

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
        Contact Shak in the X service centre ,, I remember you mentioned your car was US specs ,, Shak can simply recode your car in a couple of minutes to be able to get the local FM channels .. piece of cake job ... good luck ..
        i know that for E9x 2007 onwards models idrive equipped its not feasible...is it different for 6series?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jav View Post
          Hi Guys

The fm radio on my Idrive system only tunes to odd numbered stations, anyone know how I can enable it to tune to even numbered stations?

by the way my car is a US Import.

Thx

Jav
          Hiya Mate,

Yes it is possible to recode your car radio from Usa to Euro spec providing your car has all its original electronic contoll units and not replaced from a donor car with different Vin numbers!

Drop me a call on ********** shak

Comment

Shak .. If you are planning to give me a job in your garage , make sure you provide me with GT1 as well .. :lol: .

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Shak if u can explain the process to switch from US to EURO it would be nice pls coz I thought it wasn't feasible...and is it possible on all BMW?is there any restrictions??Thnx ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                Shak .. If you are planning to give me a job in your garage , make sure you provide me with GT1 as well .. :lol: .
                Bro I will give you a job in my garage anyday providing you sit in one corner and do head light conversions, GT1 not required ! ha ha ha ha !

Comment

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
                  Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Shak if u can explain the process to switch from US to EURO it would be nice pls coz I thought it wasn't feasible...and is it possible on all BMW?is there any restrictions??Thnx ;)
                  Bro the process is not so simple if you dont know what your doing with the BMW SSS (software service station) equipment then it could cost you XXXX amount to replace all the electronic modules on the car,its happened before many of times in my garage in the UK where somebody has opened the car door or the battery charger cutout half way through recoding the car!

You need the following equipment to carry out any coding or programing on bmw's with I drive (fibre optic system)

1.SSS ver 57 and not a GT1 (GT1 IS ONLY FOR DIAGNOSTICS)
                  2.A battery charger that has to be pushing out 13V minimum (stabilised)
                  2.OPPS Diagnostic head.

Once all of the above are connected and If the car is all genuin it can take anything from 20 min up 5 hours to recode the radio or complete car if the software level on the car is to old!

Once the car is coded it will be better interms of having the latest software fixes.

Need to know more drop me a call,this process works on most BMW's

Hope this info helps!

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                    Bro the process is not so simple if you dont know what your doing with the BMW SSS (software service station) equipment then it could cost you XXXX amount to replace all the electronic modules on the car,its happened before many of times in my garage in the UK where somebody has opened the car door or the battery charger cutout half way through recoding the car!

You need the following equipment to carry out any coding or programing on bmw's with I drive (fibre optic system)

1.SSS ver 57 and not a GT1 (GT1 IS ONLY FOR DIAGNOSTICS)
                    2.A battery charger that has to be pushing out 13V minimum (stabilised)
                    2.OPPS Diagnostic head.

Once all of the above are connected and If the car is all genuin it can take anything from 20 min up 5 hours to recode the radio or complete car if the software level on the car is to old!

Once the car is coded it will be better interms of having the latest software fixes.

Need to know more drop me a call,this process works on most BMW's

Hope this info helps!
                    Bro thnx a lot for all these infos!!! ur da man :bow:
                    Will this work on the E92 M3 as well??
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi Shak, will this work on my 650i convertible. Us Spec. Vin CN65466. How much does this cost adn what are the risks? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X