E60 A/C problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60 A/C problem

Hey guys if any1 can help me in this when i start my car and start on the a/c it starts to blow out hot air for like 4 min then become normal again i mean cold air so please if any1 can assist me in this

Please use the search option as it's been covered in several threads .. A/C problems is not 1+1=2 , so good luck ..

Comment

sorry but im a new member and i'm still facing problems dealing with the site so when i'm looking for A/C problems in the search nothing appears

Comment

Lack of Freon in system or faulty evaporator
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i dont think it's from the freon because it happens only when i start my car and if i took it directly to the road after 3 to 4 min it will start blowing cold air so may b i can check the evaporator but do u know some 1 i can go to ?

Comment

check the compressor clutch....

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Our Audi A8 does the same thing, but only for a min or two, took to the dealer and they said this was normal... but I'm not convinced... but it might be normal.
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i'll send it to the agency next week and we'll c wt will happen...thanks guys anyway...btw some body told me it's normal but also i'm ot convinced

Comment

Originally posted by shadi hisham View Post
                  i'll send it to the agency next week and we'll c wt will happen...thanks guys anyway...btw some body told me it's normal but also i'm ot convinced
                  check your outside temp sensor should read + and not -,this would delay the AC from starting straight away

Possible blockage in the system or compressor weak ?

Ac machine can check the vacuum and pressure of the compressor!

Comment

E36 ambient temp sensor reads constantly -37C, but the AC is cold in 10 seconds.

What's the mileage on your car buddy? Knowing a bit of history on your car helps us pin point your issue.

Comment

the temp reads + and the milage is 97,000 kms and the model is 2005 E60 and as i heard from shak i'll go check the compressor

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        E36 ambient temp sensor reads constantly -37C, but the AC is cold in 10 seconds.

What's the mileage on your car buddy? Knowing a bit of history on your car helps us pin point your issue.
                        E36 has mechanical clutch compressor and has old technology AC system!

E60 has a electronic clutch system compressor and is very sensative to the correct inputs from all the AC related sensors.

Comment

Then all the observations now point at the compressor :( ...how much it cost btw

Comment

Working...
                          X