some help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some help plz

i have a little problem and i would appreciate some help, i have bmw e46 and there is an issue with the side mirrors! the problem is they r a bit loose, both sides! (the loose part is not the glass, its the plastic part the 1 that holds the mirror to the door ! the part that folds when u click the folding botton)
    when i click on the folding botton ! i can hear noise from both sides but it doesnt fold ! a friend told me they might be broken and u ganna need to change them. i just wanna know if there is any hope to fix them ? or should i just go and get the mirrors ?

i think you can buy the motors separately and get them replaced. ask shak he knows

Comment

hmm, i can hear the motor working ! its not the problem ! the problem is the thing that connects the motor to the folding thingy ! folding isnt that important but the mirror being loose is kinda annoying ! it goes left and right every time some 1 touchs it ! thx for passing by any way

Comment

if it doesnt fold then the gears/clips are broken... the gear comes with the motor therefore you need to get the motor. that's if they sell it seperately for non-M models.

someone correct me if i'm wrong. never had a mirror issue on my personal cars so never treaded these cases before.

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
          hmm, i can hear the motor working ! its not the problem ! the problem is the thing that connects the motor to the folding thingy ! folding isnt that important but the mirror being loose is kinda annoying ! it goes left and right every time some 1 touchs it ! thx for passing by any way
          Hiya mate,
          Try to synchronise both mirrors first by pushing the button once and then pulling the mirrors in manually.

You might have to do this three or four times to synch both mirrors.

If it still fails drop me a call or come and see me at The X Service Centre.

shak.

Comment

thx bro ! i will try that tomorrow inshallah ! if i failed i pass by and give u a call

bruno thx for the effort ! u r lovely
            Last edited by RedX; 02-04-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Mostly its the gears that arent jutting in place with each other, like shak said try adjusting manually.

But dont be too forcefull with it, the last thing you want is for it to be in your hands.

Usually when they fit into place you'd hear a loud *clacck*
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

hopefully it will be that simple ! thanks for the information

Comment

ive had that trouble with my car when stupid bypassers in shj, force fold your mirrors to pass by and the next day i wake up with one mirror open & the other one folded. Its been fairly easy for me atleast, thought i cant judge the intensity of your situation :)
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

parking in shj is horrible isnt ? u can never find a parking close to ur home ! and stupid ppl miss with ur car all the time =.=
                    where in shj do u live ?

Comment

Just off the "smile you are in shj R/A'
                      2008 325i coupe
                      Stock

Comment

Working...
                      X